ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Maintenence funds VFS OR UKBA advice?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsa80
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa Maintenence funds VFS OR UKBA advice?

Post by bsa80 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:38 pm

I want to enquire about maintenance funds for Dependent Visa application. I currently hold a Leave to Remain in the UK under Tier 1 General category.I have been working in the UK on the work permit visa from May 2005.I recently switched over to PBS Tier 1 General in Jan2010.

I'm getting married on mid of April in India and want to apply for the Dependent Visa for my Wife.When I read the Points Based System (Dependent) policy guidance my understanding was, I only need to maintain £ 533 for the last three months from the date of application as I have been in the UK for the past 12 months(The guidance does not mention under which visa category the Tier 1 migrant should be in the last 12 months).

I spoke to a few people on VFS helpline asking the same question about maintenance funds.I was advised, I needed to show £1600 for my dependent as I have recently switched over to Tierl 1 General (three months ago previosly on work permit).I tried explaining about the Dependent Visa policy guidance but I was informed if I have not maintained £1600 in the last three months my wife's application will not be accepted.

I wrote to UK Border Agency explaining about my situation and I had a reply from them advising me that £533(is enough) should be maintained for the last three months as I already hold a Leave to Remain in the UK and also I have been in the UK for the last 12 months(It doesn't matter what category of Visa I was on the those period, as long as it is lawful mentioned on the email.)

I would be pleased if you could let me know the maintenance fund required for the Dependant visa as I'm told a different amount(£1600) by the VFS helpline and £ 533 by UKBA PUBLIC ENQUIRIES email.

I have not maintained 1600 for the last three months but should be able to make an application if it is £ 533.I'm thinking to attach a copy of the email conversation I had from the UKBA advisory group with the dependent application.

Will it be ok to submit the email or is it not advisable?

Sen

vks

Re: Dependent Visa Maintenence funds VFS OR UKBA advice?

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:19 am

bsa80 wrote:I want to enquire about maintenance funds for Dependent Visa application. I currently hold a Leave to Remain in the UK under Tier 1 General category.I have been working in the UK on the work permit visa from May 2005.I recently switched over to PBS Tier 1 General in Jan2010.

I'm getting married on mid of April in India and want to apply for the Dependent Visa for my Wife.When I read the Points Based System (Dependent) policy guidance my understanding was, I only need to maintain £ 533 for the last three months from the date of application as I have been in the UK for the past 12 months(The guidance does not mention under which visa category the Tier 1 migrant should be in the last 12 months).

I spoke to a few people on VFS helpline asking the same question about maintenance funds.I was advised, I needed to show £1600 for my dependent as I have recently switched over to Tierl 1 General (three months ago previosly on work permit).I tried explaining about the Dependent Visa policy guidance but I was informed if I have not maintained £1600 in the last three months my wife's application will not be accepted.

I wrote to UK Border Agency explaining about my situation and I had a reply from them advising me that £533(is enough) should be maintained for the last three months as I already hold a Leave to Remain in the UK and also I have been in the UK for the last 12 months(It doesn't matter what category of Visa I was on the those period, as long as it is lawful mentioned on the email.)

I would be pleased if you could let me know the maintenance fund required for the Dependant visa as I'm told a different amount(£1600) by the VFS helpline and £ 533 by UKBA PUBLIC ENQUIRIES email.

I have not maintained 1600 for the last three months but should be able to make an application if it is £ 533.I'm thinking to attach a copy of the email conversation I had from the UKBA advisory group with the dependent application.

Will it be ok to submit the email or is it not advisable?

Sen
What UK BA tells is the right information. Print out the email and guidance and explain it to the VFS. The VFS is not the Case Workers, but the documents would be forwarded to BHC.

Write a neat covering letter and explain the details for the 12 month residence and the amount that you have to maintain.

All the best!
Regards,
vks

bsa80
Newly Registered

Post by bsa80 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks for the reply.I'm just drafting my cover letter. Hoping it should get thru.

mnishar
Newly Registered

Need info

Post by mnishar » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:25 pm

bsa80 wrote:Thanks for the reply.I'm just drafting my cover letter. Hoping it should get thru.

Hi,

Hi my name is Nishar. I have recently applied for dependent visa for my wife with 1600 pounds, but many claims that it should be 1600+800.

so just little curious, did your wife visa get through?

Regards
Nishar

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 pm

bsa80 wrote:Thanks for the reply.I'm just drafting my cover letter. Hoping it should get thru.

Hi

I am in the same boat, could you share the cover letter.?

Thanks in Advance.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Explain in your covering letter (to make sure they see it) and attach the email (as evidence of the advice provided).

bsa80
Newly Registered

Post by bsa80 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Nishar,
My wife got the visa but it took a while for them, 25 days to process it.Regarding your case £1600 in total is enough.Hope everything goes fine for you.
Sen