ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings from 2 countries (Tier2 to Tier1)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umaroff
Newly Registered

Previous earnings from 2 countries (Tier2 to Tier1)

Post by umaroff » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi,

I am planning to switch from Tier 2 to Tier 1, hence initial application.

Can I show my earnings for the last 12 months from my current sponsored employer + 1 month earning working for company back home (within that 12 months)(using multiplier) while I was in holidays.

Thanks,

harris_1980
Newly Registered

Re: Previous earnings from 2 countries (Tier2 to Tier1)

Post by harris_1980 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm

umaroff wrote:Hi,

Can I show my earnings for the last 12 months from my current sponsored employer + 1 month earning working for company back home (within that 12 months)(using multiplier) while I was in holidays.

Thanks,
I also have similar plan, thinking of switching my Tier2-ict (i think) that I have had since Jan'09 to Tier1-general. Is there a restriction on my plan with respect to new changes?

Cheers.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks,
If you have worked back home and your salary is credited back home, then you may claim (also use uplift ratio for that month)

But you can't claim for the leave that you have taken here and show that you have worked at your home country!
Regards,
vks

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 pm

vks wrote:

Thanks,
If you have worked back home and your salary is credited back home, then you may claim (also use uplift ratio for that month)

But you can't claim for the leave that you have taken here and show that you have worked at your home country!
Thank you for your reply. But during my 1months leave i was paid holiday pay which is legal employment income. Can I not claim it?

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

umaroff wrote:
vks wrote:

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply. But during my 1months leave i was paid holiday pay which is legal employment income. Can I not claim it?
Please write to HO for clarification on this topic, as I am not 100% sure
Regards,
vks

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

Thank you, will do..

Anyone had this experience or have knowledge please reply.

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 am

vks wrote:

Thanks,

I have just contacted visa consultant who said that i cant use uplift ratio as i was UK resident even thought i worked overseas for that month. Did anyone apply using uplift ratio in such case?

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 am

umaroff wrote:
vks wrote:

Thanks,

I have just contacted visa consultant who said that i cant use uplift ratio as i was UK resident even thought i worked overseas for that month. Did anyone apply using uplift ratio in such case?

What the consultant says is correct. You were a resident of UK, though you were on leave! IMO, I won't risk the application!
Regards,
vks

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

contradicting answers everywhere!

just used HO PBS calculator.

Under earnings I did put 12 months UK earning + 1 month earning in the middle of that 12 months from back home. Calculator summary automatically used uplift ratio.

Id love not to risk, but thats my only choice. If im really eligible by this means im ready to fight till i get visa

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 pm

umaroff wrote:contradicting answers everywhere!

Under earnings I did put 12 months UK earning + 1 month earning in the middle of that 12 months from back home. Calculator summary automatically used uplift ratio.

Id love not to risk, but thats my only choice. If im really eligible by this means im ready to fight till i get visa
Why not write to HO, before aqpplying?
Regards,
vks

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 pm

vks wrote:

where and whom in HO i need to write to thou?

jack007
Newly Registered

Post by jack007 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am

I am planning to change my visa from Tier 2 to Tier 1.

Can somebody advise me on few points:

How to send my application to home office by courier or royal mail?
Do I require photo identity card?
How much time I should expect to receive my passport back?
Should payslips be stamped from my current employer?

Thanks

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 am

umaroff wrote:
vks wrote:

where and whom in HO i need to write to thou?
The forum is not the BIA..I would advise to check the following link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/
Regards,
vks