ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 and self employ earnings outside uk - please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

donvigeo
BANNED

Tier 1 and self employ earnings outside uk - please help

Post by donvigeo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:25 am

1. I have got a business which is purely consulting and my customers are basically in south Africa, i already have a sole proprietorship registered in south Africa and all proceeds from this business purely goes into this account in south African rand can I use this to add to my previous earnings in UK ? Is it allowed by HO? ( no uplift ratio anyway)

If yes, do I need to pay tax in UK on my gross earnings when converted to UK after having paid a tax on this in South Africa?

Do I need to register in UK as a self employed as well?

And lastly is it allowed to use a UK based qualified accountant to prepare my statements of accounts for HO purposes despite having all transactions in South Africa.

Does anyone have an idea of documents to presents to HO for these purposes?

vks

Re: Tier 1 and self employ earnings outside uk - please help

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am

donvigeo wrote:1. I have got a business which is purely consulting and my customers are basically in south Africa, i already have a sole proprietorship registered in south Africa and all proceeds from this business purely goes into this account in south African rand can I use this to add to my previous earnings in UK ? Is it allowed by HO? ( no uplift ratio anyway)

Yes. Para 133 and 134 of tier 1 general guidance

If yes, do I need to pay tax in UK on my gross earnings when converted to UK after having paid a tax on this in South Africa?

No!

Do I need to register in UK as a self employed as well?

No!

And lastly is it allowed to use a UK based qualified accountant to prepare my statements of accounts for HO purposes despite having all transactions in South Africa.

No! If you follow the guidance.

Does anyone have an idea of documents to presents to HO for these purposes?

Para 138-142
Regards,
vks

donvigeo
BANNED

Post by donvigeo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks VKS, so obviously what I am doing is in line and allowable?

Secondly please pardon me on this …. Any Ideas on documents to provide to back this activity up? Do you have an idea of how much tax % you pay if you register as a self employed and a limited company pays in UK?

Which is more beneficial in UK self employment or limited company

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:22 pm

donvigeo wrote:Thanks VKS, so obviously what I am doing is in line and allowable?

Secondly please pardon me on this …. Any Ideas on documents to provide to back this activity up? Do you have an idea of how much tax % you pay if you register as a self employed and a limited company pays in UK?

Which is more beneficial in UK self employment or limited company
I am not sure about it. Some one may answer!
Regards,
vks