ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 am

mad wrote:Hi! Deception-Shy,

I fully understand your pain. You must be feeling very frustrated. But do not despair. Hang in there. I am fully convinced that you are about to hear the good news pretty soon.

Cheers.
Thanks MAD,
It has to come sometime but this waiting is making me little uncomfortable.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Deception-shy wrote:

I fully understand your pain. You must be feeling very frustrated. But do not despair. Hang in there. I am fully convinced that you are about to hear the good news pretty soon.

Cheers.
Thanks MAD,
A friend got approval today and in a way showed the unfair treatment we have been given by the system. This fellow lost job last year and left Ireland June 2009. Left spouse and kids in Ireland. Came back briefly for Xmas and left again early this year. Applied 2007 and DOJ asked for no extra documents no communication and got a letter of approval in the post
There are others on the queue staying in this country waiting and no info and someone who had left the country is given prioirity. Lucky chap.
What an unjust system!!!

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

crown wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:

Cheers.
Thanks MAD,
A friend got approval today and in a way showed the unfair treatment we have been given by the system. This fellow lost job last year and left Ireland June 2009. Left spouse and kids in Ireland. Came back briefly for Xmas and left again early this year. Applied 2007 and DOJ asked for no extra documents no communication and got a letter of approval in the post
There are others on the queue staying in this country waiting and no info and someone who had left the country is given prioirity. Lucky chap.
What an unjust system!!!
Hi! crown,

I am with you. I believe you have been waiting since Mid 2006? Its a long time to wait for naturalisation approval. Where is your file now? Have is it been sent to the minister yet? Did your wife's approval come through yet?

Wishing you the best of luck re: speedy approval.

Cheers,
Mad

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:13 am

that person left Ireland not because he wanted to leave but he does not want to join the dole as he has lost his job and he has a means of surviving in another country, since he knew that if he collect the dole it may jeorpardise his chances of the naturalisation, being outside, he made be able to get a job and send maintenance cash to his family. If you loose your job, and dont want to take dole, how are you going to survive without a job in this country, unless you result into criminal activities or lucky to get another job in time, which is not realistic at the moment
You cant blame him for doing that, it is because of the economic situation and the condition place down to get the naturalisation.

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:59 am

You know what started off as a string for tracking the timelines of applications has degenerated into a forum for congratulating each other, moaning and recriminations.

As such it is no longer of any real use to anyone.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Lost Soul wrote:You know what started off as a string for tracking the timelines of applications has degenerated into a forum for congratulating each other, moaning and recriminations.

Chill mate....We are still here helping out others....:)- chill.

Applied for me passport today, passport express.

Nana (The girl to bitch)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Guys, Thanks for all your help during my time of distress.

Received Approval Letter from MOJ

Time Line
-------------

Applied : April 30th 2007
Acknowledged : August, 2007
Additional Docs : October 2009
Sent to Minister : 16th Feb, 2010
Approval Letter : 31-03-2010

I dont know why guys are saying that this forum is of no use. I dont know, personally whatever I was looking in relation to the INIS queries were answered and its nice of each of every one who spent time to resolve queries. Whatever I have known have been passing on to someone who is in despair due to this Slow immigration process.

Thanks once again.

(It doesn't mean, my job is done, I keep logging on to the site and helping whatever I know to others who need any piece of advice)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:05 pm

rlow68 wrote:that person left Ireland not because he wanted to leave but he does not want to join the dole as he has lost his job and he has a means of surviving in another country, since he knew that if he collect the dole it may jeorpardise his chances of the naturalisation, being outside, he made be able to get a job and send maintenance cash to his family. If you loose your job, and dont want to take dole, how are you going to survive without a job in this country, unless you result into criminal activities or lucky to get another job in time, which is not realistic at the moment
You cant blame him for doing that, it is because of the economic situation and the condition place down to get the naturalisation.
Hi rlow68,

You have misunderstood what Crown has written.
He is no way blaming the person who left the country, he is blaming the system in place. Some applicants were thoroughly examined and some are left Scot free...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Deception-shy wrote:Guys, Thanks for all your help during my time of distress.

Time Line
-------------

I dont know why guys are saying that this forum is of no use. I dont know, personally whatever I was looking in relation to the INIS queries were answered and its nice of each of every one who spent time to resolve queries. Whatever I have known have been passing on to someone who is in despair due to this Slow immigration process.

Thanks once again.

(It doesn't mean, my job is done, I keep logging on to the site and helping whatever I know to others who need any piece of advice)
Congratulations Deception Shy. I am delighted for you. :D

You are right. The job is just beginning. The task of making Ireland a fully integrated multicultural society belongs to all of us. I am sure there are loads who could use your experience, so pls hang around.

Remember Ireland-your country, your say

slan

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Lost Soul wrote:You know what started off as a string for tracking the timelines of applications has degenerated into a forum for congratulating each other, moaning and recriminations.

Hi Lost Soul. I am sure we'll appreciate your suggestions on what you'll like us to do differently.

9j

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 pm

9jeirean wrote: You are right. The job is just beginning. The task of making Ireland a fully integrated multicultural society belongs to all of us. I am sure there are loads who could use your experience, so pls hang around.

Will the Irish people have a say in this matter at all, at all?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

IrishTom wrote:
9jeirean wrote: You are right. The job is just beginning. The task of making Ireland a fully integrated multicultural society belongs to all of us. I am sure there are loads who could use your experience, so pls hang around.

Will the Irish people have a say in this matter at all, at all?
WE are already having our say. What would you like to say?

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks 9jerian,

I'll certainly hang around and do my every bit to help ppl who are looking for info. We've gone through this and i know hot it would be.

crown

Post by crown » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm

rlow68 wrote:that person left Ireland not because he wanted to leave but he does not want to join the dole as he has lost his job and he has a means of surviving in another country, since he knew that if he collect the dole it may jeorpardise his chances of the naturalisation, being outside, he made be able to get a job and send maintenance cash to his family. If you loose your job, and dont want to take dole, how are you going to survive without a job in this country, unless you result into criminal activities or lucky to get another job in time, which is not realistic at the moment
I am not blaming him at all. He is entitled and very lucky. But it is a chaotic system that has given him citizenship above people who have not lost their jobs and pay taxes in Ireland. I thought the rules are as long as you are resident - and working - for 5 years you are given. There are thousands who fit into this description and not given. It is unfair for the Irish state to treat us this way Unfortunately, some of our friends have lost their jobs in the recession and that will spolil your chances - still very unfair.
Crown

crown

Post by crown » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 pm

mad wrote:
crown wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:

Cheers.
Thanks MAD,
What an unjust system!!!
Hi! crown,

I am with you. I believe you have been waiting since Mid 2006? Its a long time to wait for naturalisation approval. Where is your file now? Have is it been sent to the minister yet? Did your wife's approval come through yet?

Wishing you the best of luck re: speedy approval.

Cheers,
Mad
Ours have gone to the minister they tell us since February
Crown

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 am

Ok. Not to worry I have 2 friends and theirs was sent on 22nd of feb and it hasn't arrived yet either. I feel it's due this week or the next.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 am

Time Line
-------------

I dont know why guys are saying that this forum is of no use. I dont know,
personally whatever I was looking in relation to the INIS queries were
answered and its nice of each of every one who spent time to resolve
queries. Whatever I have known have been passing on to someone who is in despair due to this Slow immigration process.

Thanks once again.

(It doesn't mean, my job is done, I keep logging on to the site and helping
whatever I know to others who need any piece of advice)
Heartiest congratulations Deception-Shy. Well done. I am so happy for you.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey Deception-shy, you made it. Congratulation.

Nana (the girl to bitch)

Time Line
-------------

Thanks once again.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Guy, I have been made redundant as of today. As you guys know my approval letter came on the 23rd of March. I have an offer of a job in the UK but they would only recognise my Irish qualifications if I am from the EU. My oath is on the 15th of April. I want to know is there some way that my cert could be expedited? Can I tell INIS this?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 pm

I was in the same situation, needed my cert/password quickly to travel and perform oil rigs software upgrades(big money involved here and government tax money coming in aswell)...my company wrote to INIS.

They promised to do it quickly but it still took roughly 2 months.

So I would advise you to explain this to that UK company, if they really need you, they'll wait. Also tell them while you wait for your cert/passport, you'll be able to help them if they need technical help etc...

Nana

mad wrote:Guy, I have been made redundant as of today. As you guys know my approval letter came on the 23rd of March. I have an offer of a job in the UK but they would only recognise my Irish qualifications if I am from the EU. My oath is on the 15th of April. I want to know is there some way that my cert could be expedited? Can I tell INIS this?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:33 pm

mad wrote:Guy, I have been made redundant as of today. As you guys know my approval letter came on the 23rd of March. I have an offer of a job in the UK but they would only recognise my Irish qualifications if I am from the EU. My oath is on the 15th of April. I want to know is there some way that my cert could be expedited? Can I tell INIS this?
I do not think it would be smart to notify INIS of your plans to leave the state. Remember part of he condition for granting your citizenship is continuous residency in Ireland. Also remember that your citizenship does not take effect until the minister signs your CoN. You don't want to give him a reason not to.

You may write INIS of your intention to travel on an urgent trip and the need to have the cert to process your passport asap. While you are at that, you may write to the UK company to grant you a few months permission before starting. You may state family relocation arrangement as a reason. Most companies hiring international candidates should be that reasonable/flexible.

Good luck mate and please come back if you can find another job in Ireland in the future.

9j

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Heartiest congratulations Deception-Shy. Well done. I am so happy for you.[/quote]

Thanks MAD, and good luck with your new job !!

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:44 pm

[quote="nanette"]Hey Deception-shy, you made it. Congratulation.

Nana (the girl to bitch)

Hey Nanette, Thanks and Good luck for your new job too !!

crown

Post by crown » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Time Line
-------------

Thanks once again.

Deception-shy
Congratulations
Crown

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:20 am

I want to submit my timeline.

I applied Sep. 2006.

More documents were asked in Oct. 2008 .Uptil Dec. 2009, they are still waiting reply from external agencies.

Although I have sent my Social Welfare Report in Dec. 2009.

I don't know how long it is going to take.

I think the Gardai Report is taking long because I have been in this country when we used to have Green Book so I think my record is both on computer as well as manual.

Anybody with good suggestions?how can i speedup my guarda report?

Thanks You.
S.