ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family member(mother) of an EU citizen visa refusal.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:06 am

omila250 - thanks and good luck.

mummygirl - you tell me to read the Directive then you go and post chunks of text from somebody's blog.

EDIT: 86ti - crossed posts with you, again!
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

mummygirl
Newly Registered

Post by mummygirl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:08 am

omila250 wrote:Mummygirl, do you mean that i have to go to Riga and travel back to Ireland together with my mom?
Thanks Ben, SOLVIT Latvia are actually very helpfull, they are trying to do something as think, we are still communicating, i have to submit more information, its what i am doing at the moment. So as soon as i have any info i post here. I already emailed them twice with the links i found on their own website, i mentioned that earlier in this topic, but got a reply that they work to rule now so needed my postal address to be able to reply... lets see what they are going to reply. Depends on that i will write to Raymond Fitzgerald.
Yes omila... just say she is travelling only for three month.. when she is in dublin.. you can apply for her to stay.

Don't worry.. it will be well.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:09 am

mummygirl wrote:Yes omila... just say she is travelling only for three month.. when she is in dublin.. you can apply for her to stay.

I beg you to contain your tripe.

mummygirl
Newly Registered

Post by mummygirl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

Ben wrote:
mummygirl wrote:Yes omila... just say she is travelling only for three month.. when she is in dublin.. you can apply for her to stay.

I beg you to contain your tripe.
whatever..

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm

sorry posted without reading the rest of thread! deleting

omila250

Mom got her visa finally

Post by omila250 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi, just a quick update. My mom finally got her D visa after we applied 3rd time, so she will be here next week. Then we have to apply for EU treaty rights. But i dont really worry about that after all the breakdowns we had during this time. Thanks again for all your support and advises. I am so happy now:)

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:01 am

Could you please summarize the details of your final application that was accepted?

On what grounds did you apply that was accepted?
What were the documents you rpovided?

Thanks in advance
-xxxtieee-

omila250

Post by omila250 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:44 am

Hi xxxtieee,
We applied on the grounds dependant family memeber. We provide:
1. Application form
2. My mother's bank statements with my transfers monthly for the period of last 6 month.
3. Letter from SW that my mother is unemployed.
4.Letter from my work
5.Supporting letter from me and my partner
6. Passport's copy
7.my birth certificate
We also included documents proving that we were living in the same household. We actually had a refusal when we applied 2nd time on the same household grounds, but we included that anyway. I think thats it.
Are you in the same situation?
Regards,

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks for that :)

I am not in the situation yet, but I suspect it will come to this at some point. It is good to know that you didn't lose heart and got it done. Will serve as a guideline for anyone who might be interested.

Thanks again.. and all the best to you!
-xxxtieee-

omila250

Post by omila250 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 am

No problem at all, i hope if you ever in the same situation you won't have all the troubles i had. Thank you and all the best to you too :D

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Mom got her visa finally

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 pm

omila250 wrote:Then we have to apply for EU treaty rights.
To be correct, one doesn't apply for EU treaty rights. An EU treaty right is a thing exercised by an EU national. Every EU national is entitled to exercise this right (unless he poses a threat to public policy, security or health).

It is not a thing applied for (despite what the DoJ like to say).

omila250

Post by omila250 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

You are right Ben, i meant to say apply for the residence card. Thanks for correcting me:)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I only corrected you because that's the frame of mind you need to be in. Don't let the DoJ make you feel that you're applying for permission for your mother to reside in Ireland - you're not - she already has the right to reside here.

All that's being applied for is a reside card, that's all. It's a formality. The residence card confers no rights.

omila250

Post by omila250 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Just a quick question. In the application for the residence card check list there is a requirement to provide utility bills in the name of both the applicant and EU citizen. My mom is only 2 weeks here and does not have any utility bills not even a bank account yet. She lives in my house, where all utility bills are on my or my partner names. What shell i do in this situation?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 am

As far as I remember your case, it is your dependant mother right?

I would perceive a dependant's application would be slightly different as why would they have any bills if it is you who is paying for anything.

I would say open a bank account and then they will send a welcome letter.

And include a letter stating that she is only here 2 weeks and there are no bills in her name, and won't be as she is dependant on you so will not be paying any bills.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

omila250

Post by omila250 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Thanks Monifé, i was thinking to do the same, only as far as i remember to open a bank account they again asking for the utility bills. haha anyway will go there and ask. And yes, she is my dependant.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Oh I think you are right, banks do ask for a bill.

That is a bit of a catch 22.

Oh no wait, I know what u can do. Go to your nearest social welfare that registers PPS numbers, if in Dublin its just off parnell street. Bring your passport, a bill in your name and your mothers passport. Go with your mother.

Register her for a PPS number and tell the person behind the desk that she is living with you and there are no bills in her name and show them the bill in your name.

Once registered, they will post out her PPS number and this will have her name and your address on it. Shouldnt take more than a week or 2.

You can send that off with the application and you can also try and open a bank account with that letter aswell. Or you can change one of your bills to her name if possible, just ring them up. I did that with my partner, we got both our names put on our NTL bill.

Good luck
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

omila250

Post by omila250 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 pm

I didn't know that i can register her for PPS number, i thought first i have to apply for the residence card and then PPS and etc. If its like that i will do that for sure, and i also remember when i opened my bank account here i did not have any utility bills, so i took a gas bill on my landlord's name and it was just fine. Just have to go there and ask. Thanks for your advises.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:14 am

Yes u can register her for a pps number straight away.