ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP - company acquired by 3rdparty , ILR appointment on 27th

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IanK

WP - company acquired by 3rdparty , ILR appointment on 27th

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi All

I am quite confused , the company i work for that have my current WP issued , was acquired in late December , however the acquisition was only financial , the company is still trading by the same original name / office staff remains unchanged.

Now my problem is , my last 3 payslips are in the name of the new 3rd party company , and it does not mention the company i work for.

I can see this becoming a huge problem for me :

can I just get a official letter from the company secretary stating that although the company has been purchased its trading as the original company name , or do i need to advise HO that I now work for a different employer ?

Bearing in mind that I have a PEO booking in Croydon for the 27.03.04 , and my FLR expires on the 04.04.2010...

Thnx Ian

kate123
Newly Registered

Re: WP - company acquired by 3rdparty , ILR appointment on 2

Post by kate123 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:56 pm

IMHO you need to establish the fact that your latest payslips have a diffrent company name (your parent company) because you earlier company has been aquired. You can get a letter from your company stating that "old company" has been aquired by the new company on so and so date. That should do I suppose.
Just curious do you have a letter from employer? Which company's letterhead it is on?

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Kate , my employment letter is on original company letter head ( i.e the company that have been issues with my WP)

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 pm

IanK wrote:Hi Kate , my employment letter is on original company letter head ( i.e the company that have been issues with my WP)
It looks like your employer should have notified the HO for the technical change of employment.

Cheers.

IanK

Post by IanK » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks , i have spoken to my employer and we will have all the docs ready and probably try submit a TCE form , but in most likelyness it will be too late , but i can then at least provide evidence that we have tried

hope2010
Newly Registered

Post by hope2010 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Ian,

There must be at least a (company) code on your new payslips, then next to it is the name of the new owner. This is what happen to our payslips when our nursing home (used to be privately owned) was taken over 3 years ago by a big company. My bank statements shows the name of company since then and I'm planning to apply in person in 2 months time.
Good luck and all the best..

IanK

Post by IanK » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi All , this just gets more confusing for me ... i have all the docs required , but not even sure i need to submit a technical change form.

Here goes... from speaking to our Finance Director he explained the company acquisition in the the following way:

our company was previously owned by a investment company called ABC , but but now my company has been purchased by XYZ global company , but the company that holds my WP will remain.... business , staff , contracts , name ,location does not change. the only thing that changes is that now instead of my payslips / pay being paid from Original company it is being paid from new global company.

now as the company I work for directly , is still trading , and has not changed at all..... do i need a technical change form ?

i apologise if I am covering the same ground again , but i just want to ensure , I don't get turned away next Saturday at my PEO

thus far i have a letter from my company stating the requirement to keep my employment ,and that the company ownership was recently ( not even 2 months) transferred. with some news clips of public statements to that fact.

can anyone provide some guidance that knows more about these types of issues ?

hope2010
Newly Registered

Post by hope2010 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:30 pm

hi Ian, how did you get on yesterday? i hope it's was a good news...

IanK

ILR Sucsesfull at PEO Croydon

Post by IanK » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:14 pm

HI All , yup our ILR application was successfully yesterday , no issues at all.

got there about 8.10 for a 8.30 appointment ,
security clearance was a breeze straight through
we waited for about 20min in the 1st queue for info validation
-i had to explain all the details about my employer situation , but all the supporting docs was adequate for the HO worker.
09:00 - make payment via Mastercard on 1st floor
09:05 - wait in waiting room for our case to be called. on 2nd floor
09:15 case worked called us
10:05 -case worked advised everything is ok but there is some external checks still outstanding , and we should come back in 2hr to pick up our passports.

went out to shopping centre across the road , came back in about 90min and picked up passports on 1st floor.

all in all a really good experience , thnx to all on this board for ALL their valuable contributions.

NOTE: the NCP across the road on a Saturday only charges £3.50 for the entire day.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

Hello all,

I have similar issue but mine is bit more complecated. My parent company with which i have wp got aquired in 2006. At that time HR called up TCF contact center and they said as their is no change in contract and working condition they do not have to fill this form. now I have my appointment in two weeks time and feeling bit nervous as my parent company name is on my WP and all other documents are under new name. Also my company just shifted it office to next building...... I guess I am in deep end of this issue my employer need to fill TCF.

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 am

viresh , u will need a letter from HO , as my company name / job / TC or location did not change on the 2nd acquisition is was fine , however if your company name has changed you will need to inform HO , i did this back in 2008 and they send me back a acknowledgement of company name change.

if you don't have that you are going to have to prove that HO said you don't have to fill in a TCF , do you have any written correspondence stating these facts ?

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks Ian for reply. I have asked my HR people to dig out email. Till now she has not been able to get me anything which says we do not need to fill this form.

Another question Ian how much time did HO took to send back notification letter. If I push my HR people to fill the foms and send it soon.
Yes I will require this letter, I just called up Immigration contact centre and they said the same.

Thanks Ian for reply.

hope2010
Newly Registered

Post by hope2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 am

congratulations Ian! well done! by the way, did you submit a TCF?

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:49 pm

No I did not , as i am still employed for the same company under same T/C, just my company name has changed.

i.e in 2009 i just submitted a letter of change for official doc , and they confirmed the company trading name change in writing.

then this year 2010 , we were acquired but are still trading exactly as before , therefore no TCF required ( well i did not submit , and they were fine with it)

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

viresh it took HO ,at least 2 months to turn around the letter for changing employment , but that was in 2009

hope2010
Newly Registered

Post by hope2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm

thanks Ian.

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks Ian for reply. Finally my HR person got in touch with me and she had infact sent a TCF form and has got my company name changed to current one. The only thing which is missing is we recently moved to new building close to previous one. so our letter head will have new address. I hope that should not be a problem.

My appointment is on 17th March lets hope I get ILR.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:46 pm

viresh wrote:Thanks Ian for reply. Finally my HR person got in touch with me and she had infact sent a TCF form and has got my company name changed to current one. The only thing which is missing is we recently moved to new building close to previous one. so our letter head will have new address. I hope that should not be a problem.

My appointment is on 17th March lets hope I get ILR.
Hi Viresh,

If your appointment is on 17th March you should have got your ILR by now :)

IanK

Post by IanK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm

LOL 17th March , mate u better get in your time machine and go back and attend your appointment ;-)

viresh
Newly Registered

Post by viresh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 pm

OOPS sorry mate this document issue made me really worried and jumbled up with dates. Anyhow my appointment is on 24 april not on 17th march. Hope I get it and dont have to use time machine to go back.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

haha...don't worry you'll be fine...good luck! :)