ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ganny
Newly Registered

Help needed

Post by ganny » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi there,
In my case, I am moving from tier 1 psw to tier 1 general I will apply on march 2011.

1) I currently have a permenent job with earning of 20k
(I can provide pay slip and bank statement as proof for this job)
2) I got another job where its more of contract job where i will get around 10K.
but in this job

Code: Select all

i can't provide pay slip and the employeer will pay the salary directly to my bank but not through the HM revenue, basically I can only show my earning coming every month but not a payslip and I can get employeer letter along with that. 
So can i show bank statement and employeer letter alone with my second job????

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 am

im pretty sure employer is not allowed to do that as its sort of tax evasion with serious consequences for the company. every legal salary has to be in HMRC records. Be careful, asUKBA might not count your earnings through second job as a legal earnings.

regards

vks

Re: Help needed

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 am

ganny wrote:Hi there,
In my case, I am moving from tier 1 psw to tier 1 general I will apply on march 2011.

1) I currently have a permenent job with earning of 20k
(I can provide pay slip and bank statement as proof for this job)
2) I got another job where its more of contract job where i will get around 10K.
but in this job

Code: Select all

i can't provide pay slip and the employeer will pay the salary directly to my bank but not through the HM revenue, basically I can only show my earning coming every month but not a payslip and I can get employeer letter along with that. 
So can i show bank statement and employeer letter alone with my second job????
When you say employer letter, what are you planning to show in that?
Regards,
vks

ganny
Newly Registered

Post by ganny » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm

stating my job position and salary in it. It is basically a contract job...working as freelancer through that company

vks

Post by vks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm

ganny wrote:stating my job position and salary in it. It is basically a contract job...working as freelancer through that company
The proofs that you need to show to HO depends on if you are employed to a company or self-employed. So double check the guidance to see what additional documents that you need to send.
Regards,
vks

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa refusal query

Post by ahtesham4all » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello,

My wife has recently applied for a visa on 08-03-2010 to enter in the uk.

Unfortunately the visa has been refused on the grounds that, I her husband, was not present at the time of the wedding. I can confirm I was present at the wedding and had come to india on 31st december 2009 which is supported by the immigration entry stamp on my passport.

It seems that assumption is based on the poor quality of my passport copy initially sent to them. However i hav now made the arrangement to sent them a further copy which clearly shows the date I had arrived in india.

Please help me ?
do i have to reapply or is that anything i could notify them that i did go to india at the time of our wedding

Thanks
Sham

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 dependant visa refusal query

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 pm

ahtesham4all wrote:Hello,

My wife has recently applied for a visa on 08-03-2010 to enter in the uk.

Unfortunately the visa has been refused on the grounds that, I her husband, was not present at the time of the wedding. I can confirm I was present at the wedding and had come to india on 31st december 2009 which is supported by the immigration entry stamp on my passport.

It seems that assumption is based on the poor quality of my passport copy initially sent to them. However i hav now made the arrangement to sent them a further copy which clearly shows the date I had arrived in india.

Please help me ?
do i have to reapply or is that anything i could notify them that i did go to india at the time of our wedding

Thanks
Sham
I am 90% sure the problem is deeper than just a illegible copy of your passport.

They can check when was the last time you travelled to India or left UK. If it wasnt legible, caseworker would have run a search on the computer and found the date u left uk on computer. Can you think of something else that could be ther reason ?

When did u leave UK? When was your wedding? how many days in between?

regards

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Post by ahtesham4all » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

yaa , thats what i thought that caseworker should check on the computer if the passport copy is not clear.

I left uk on 31st dec 2009. my wedding was on 12 Jan 2010. i left india on 13 march 2010. due to the poor quality of my passport copy visa officer cudnt see the immigration date stamp that i had arrived in india at the time of wedding.

please reply me what do i do? can i write email, letter or fax with the clear passport copy of immigration date stamp of my arrival date in india?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

ahtesham4all wrote:yaa , thats what i thought that caseworker should check on the computer if the passport copy is not clear.

I left uk on 31st dec 2009. my wedding was on 12 Jan 2010. i left india on 13 march 2010. due to the poor quality of my passport copy visa officer cudnt see the immigration date stamp that i had arrived in india at the time of wedding.

please reply me what do i do? can i write email, letter or fax with the clear passport copy of immigration date stamp of my arrival date in india?

It looks like, it was a faulty decision by the ECO and IMO you should make them understand this. I guess, you need to write them via email or post the real situation and give them the clear picture of your travel details.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Post by ahtesham4all » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Secondly what they did is they had sent me the administrative review form. my wife had fill the form and sent it back to them with the copy of my new passport copy and a also attached a letter explain everything with the refusal letter. but she had a phone call later saying that she is not eligible for the administrative form bcoz administrative form is not for the dependant.

I called them on the same phone number which my wife had received a phone call. i explained everything and gave them a clear picture about my poor passport copy. They have told me that they will request to the caseworker and asked me to call later. Today i got a reply from them saying that the documents has been taken by the caseworker and i will get notify later. but it could be early or later they dont know, it all depend on case file they have.

How will i make sure that they had received my documents and they will get back to me? i dont have any proof saying that they are looking into it.

please reply me what do i do?
thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:01 pm

ahtesham4all wrote:Secondly what they did is they had sent me the administrative review form. my wife had fill the form and sent it back to them with the copy of my new passport copy and a also attached a letter explain everything with the refusal letter. but she had a phone call later saying that she is not eligible for the administrative form bcoz administrative form is not for the dependant.

I called them on the same phone number which my wife had received a phone call. i explained everything and gave them a clear picture about my poor passport copy. They have told me that they will request to the caseworker and asked me to call later. Today i got a reply from them saying that the documents has been taken by the caseworker and i will get notify later. but it could be early or later they dont know, it all depend on case file they have.

How will i make sure that they had received my documents and they will get back to me? i dont have any proof saying that they are looking into it.

please reply me what do i do?
thanks
In your situation you should wait for a week or so and make call to the HO to know the status of your file.Also, In the mean time, you can email
them jotting down what you spoke to them earlier and requesting them to update the status.
Good luck!!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Thats a very positive sign.

Caseworkers guidance note states that they cant change their decision once application is sent back to applicant. The only way to do that is via appeal or admin review.

Obviously, caseworker will realise his mistake now and change his decision accordingly. He has accepted your docs back and thats a very good sign.

I am not sure they will send you any confirmation but i presume your wife's passport is with home office so they WILL take care of it. If not, he will request it in coming days.

Regards

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Post by ahtesham4all » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

do you mean that i should call the HO in london or in india. how long does it take to know the status of my application?

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa refusal query

Post by ahtesham4all » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:19 pm

they didnt give me any rights of admin review or appeal for my wife as a dependant. do you think that they will take in consideration of this simple error. eventhough i have not any rights for appeal or admin review. I havent sent passport of my wife to british high commission in india but i have sent letter giving them full picture of this matter, refusal letter and copy of the passport with clear date stamp of immigration that i have arrived in india on my marriage ceremony.

I just have the confirmation over the phone through the person i called at the british high commission. do you think its a legite confirmation?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 pm

ahtesham4all wrote:they didnt give me any rights of admin review or appeal for my wife as a dependant. do you think that they will take in consideration of this simple error. eventhough i have not any rights for appeal or admin review. I havent sent passport of my wife to british high commission in india but i have sent letter giving them full picture of this matter, refusal letter and copy of the passport with clear date stamp of immigration that i have arrived in india on my marriage ceremony.

I just have the confirmation over the phone through the person i called at the british high commission. do you think its a legite confirmation?
Yes Indeed. If they have spoken to you then they would abide by it.
Now you need to relax and let them do their work and they will get back to you if any more info required by them.
Patience is a virtue. :)

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Post by ahtesham4all » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:13 pm

i have been told by many solicitor that i wont get any reply from case worker even i have sent documents as my wife visa has been refused already on the ground bcoz they cudnt see immigration date stamp on my passport that i have arrived in india.

can i wait till next tuesday for the re application?

i dnt have any contact to find out about my query with mumbai british high commission