ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in under 1 month

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali541

ILR in under 1 month

Post by ali541 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi. My wife has been given her ILR in under 1 month. is this a reasonalble time as i was told it could take up to three months. does it depend on the case and the information that you provide.

Her passport has sticker that says reasidence permit and at the bottom it says -Indefinate leave to remain in the UK.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:56 pm

That's good news for you and your wife but it all depends on the type of application and partially on the documentation.

With your wife's type of application it is quite common to hear within 1-2 months as UKBA only have a couple of years stay to look at. ILR applications based on long-term residence take months, with the average on this board being 30 weeks. Almost all of those people have provide truck loads of documentation to UKBA :roll:

If you are referring to spousal ILR apps then your comment is correct, which I think it is. If your comment is a general one then it's not a generalisation to make on this board.

Pleased to see you didn't have to wait long :D

ali541

Post by ali541 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes it was a spouse Visa she was on.