ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Payment not taken

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Casa wrote:Pakistan spouse visas and Pakistan appeals are not relevant to this case.
But they have given lot of emails address..Not they?
These are my personal views only please.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Not for chasing payment for ILR in the UK..no.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Casa wrote:Not for chasing payment for ILR in the UK..no.
I took me lot of minutes to search for this email address.

@CASA were you not appreciated I tried to help him when nobody was replying to him.

At least I tried...

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Lynnuk wrote:
Casa wrote:Not for chasing payment for ILR in the UK..no.
I took me lot of minutes to search for this email address.

@CASA were you not appreciated I tried to help him when nobody was replying to him.

At least I tried...
The reason people weren't helping him was that this is a duplicate thread. He's posted the same query elsewhere and got plenty of help. Reading this thread he has also received some good advice here.

I note that you also advise that a GOOD solicitor would advise to pay by cheque. A GOOD UK solictor would not as cheques are fast becoming an outdated form of payment in UK. You will find that there are some large corporations that no longer accept cheque as payment. Debit card is fast becoming the prefered method of payment as the money is received by the payee immediately - an initiative was adopted last year by the major banks whereby there is no clearance time for debit card or standing order payments (admittedly some have still to sign up). Clearance times for a cheque would delay the application further. Before you rubbish my claims until recently I worked for a bank.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi
The reason people weren't helping him was that this is a duplicate thread. He's posted the same query elsewhere and got plenty of help. Reading this thread he has also received some good advice here.

I note that you also advise that a GOOD solicitor would advise to pay by cheque. A GOOD UK solictor would not as cheques are fast becoming an outdated form of payment in UK. You will find that there are some large corporations that no longer accept cheque as payment. Debit card is fast becoming the prefered method of payment as the money is received by the payee immediately - an initiative was adopted last year by the major banks whereby there is no clearance time for debit card or standing order payments (admittedly some have still to sign up). Before you rubbish my claims until recently I worked for a bank.
After having a lot of refusal on payment issues and lot of invalid application due to non payments I would never go for Credit/Debit card.

We are not talking for large firms or banks we are talking home office.

I have myself read many stories on payment issues.This gentleman is one more addition.

I remembered when I applied my solicitor advise me to pay be cheque.

Also payment decline not happens in visa debit/credit card.
Indeed it happens.

I do agree with your some points.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Lynnuk wrote:Hi

I note that you also advise that a GOOD solicitor would advise to pay by cheque. A GOOD UK solictor would not as cheques are fast becoming an outdated form of payment in UK. You will find that there are some large corporations that no longer accept cheque as payment. Debit card is fast becoming the prefered method of payment as the money is received by the payee immediately - an initiative was adopted last year by the major banks whereby there is no clearance time for debit card or standing order payments (admittedly some have still to sign up). Before you rubbish my claims until recently I worked for a bank.
After having a lot of refusal on payment issues and lot of invalid application due to non payments I would never go for Credit/Debit card.

I have myself read many stories on payment issues.This gentleman is one more addition.

Indeed it happens.

It's the banks that process the payments. It's the banks that are starting to charge large fees and lengthing processing times to all those who bank cheques. Companies therefore "stockpile" cheques before banking them. In my eyes the UKBA is a large organisation that offers a service to customers, albiet a government dept. I'm not saying that UKBA do this ...

Payment from debit cards are taken straight from the payer's account and there should be very little problems with this method of payment. Unless there are insufficent funds or the applicant has quoted the number incorrectly. Anyway I am not going to explain the entire banking system to this board.

There are also a lot of people who have had no issues with payment. In comparison I think that issues with payment is minimal. As the original poster has contacted his bank who advise that there has been no attempt for payment the delay is almost certain with the UKBA or the number quote had a number transposed and the applicant didn't notice. There maybe another problem with the application. Do UKBA carry out initial checks prior to claiming payment? I don't have a solution for the OP apart from the advice already given here.

Lynnuk
BANNED

Post by Lynnuk » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:14 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:
Lynnuk wrote:Hi

Indeed it happens.

It's the banks that process the payments. It's the banks that are starting to charge large fees and lengthing processing times to all those who bank cheques. Companies therefore "stockpile" cheques before banking them. In my eyes the UKBA is a large organisation that offers a service to customers, albiet a government dept. I'm not saying that UKBA do this ...

Payment from debit cards are taken straight from the payer's account and there should be very little problems with this method of payment. Unless there are insufficent funds or the applicant has quoted the number incorrectly. Anyway I am not going to explain the entire banking system to this board.

There are also a lot of people who have had no issues with payment. In comparison I think that issues with payment is minimal. As the original poster has contacted his bank who advise that there has been no attempt for payment the delay is almost certain with the UKBA or the number quote had a number transposed and the applicant didn't notice. There maybe another problem with the application. Do UKBA carry out initial checks prior to claiming payment? I don't have a solution for the OP apart from the advice already given here.
If you like payment by Credit or Debt card ..fine

I have read high court case for these simple payments issue.In one case applicant applied on time but payment was declined and he was refused without right of appeal as his visa expired when home office send application back as invalid.
There are lot of cases messed with payment issues.

Anyway I said my point so I am out.

Anwar16
Newly Registered

It has been 8 weeks, no payment taken yet.

Post by Anwar16 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:45 pm

I contacted the home office and told them they havent taken payment yet, it has been 8 weeks

The agent said you will need to contact the payment processing unit.

I asked can i speak to them?

NO, sorry they can only be contacted by writing to them on the following address:

Payment Processing Unit
UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain - SET(O)
P.O. Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

I will write to them and lets see what they come back with.

May be this information might also help someone else with similar problem.

Thanks guys

Anwar16
Newly Registered

Incorrect Information

Post by Anwar16 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 pm

I called the Home Office again to confirm some of the information given to me, and the Agent on the phone declined everything and said this not what you are meant to do.

He said there is no way you can contact the payement team before 14 weeks and once 14 weeks are complete you can onlu contact us and we will follow it up.

I asked what happens if the payment does not go through, he said then the application will be sent back with letter telling you that the payment didn't go through.

I asked Is is not your policy to contact the applicant if the payment does not go through, He said no we do no contact the applicant because we cannot take payments over the phone and therefore you need to reapply.

If this is not the applicant's fault and there is enough money in the account, why does the applicant go through all that, in my case there has been no attempt to take the payment and I have enough money on the account, the bank has confirmed several times that there is nothing on this account which can stop the payment from going through.

He was blank... I asked i have read on different forums that because of HO's mistake the payment were not taken and therefore the applications were sent back, he said if there is a problem with the payment they will send your application back with a letter explaining why.

I said sure so the letter should say what went wrong e.g. bank declined payment when the following details entered etc.

He said no they only mention the payment did not go through therefore application sent back.

Then I said anyway thanks for the information which I find hard to believe.

So there you are, UKBA staff and their policies. :evil:

bani

Re: Incorrect Information

Post by bani » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Everytime you call the HO,

- ask if they could record your conversation so there is a record of it
- ask the agent's name and write it down, note the date and time you called

If something goes wrong later on, you can tell them in writing all the records you kept.

I know people whose applications were messed up because HO agents gave the wrong information. There is nothing wrong with calling HO about payment, you did correctly. 14 weeks wait is unreasonable.

Return time for payment not taken for ILR seems to vary. Mine was 3 weeks last year, another poster's was 6 weeks. But at 8 weeks, I would worry.

Hopefully the Payment Processing Unit will respond to you. Good luck.
Anwar16 wrote:I called the Home Office again to confirm some of the information given to me, and the Agent on the phone declined everything and said this not what you are meant to do.

He said there is no way you can contact the payement team before 14 weeks and once 14 weeks are complete you can onlu contact us and we will follow it up.

I asked what happens if the payment does not go through, he said then the application will be sent back with letter telling you that the payment didn't go through.

I asked Is is not your policy to contact the applicant if the payment does not go through, He said no we do no contact the applicant because we cannot take payments over the phone and therefore you need to reapply.

If this is not the applicant's fault and there is enough money in the account, why does the applicant go through all that, in my case there has been no attempt to take the payment and I have enough money on the account, the bank has confirmed several times that there is nothing on this account which can stop the payment from going through.

He was blank... I asked i have read on different forums that because of HO's mistake the payment were not taken and therefore the applications were sent back, he said if there is a problem with the payment they will send your application back with a letter explaining why.

I said sure so the letter should say what went wrong e.g. bank declined payment when the following details entered etc.

He said no they only mention the payment did not go through therefore application sent back.

Then I said anyway thanks for the information which I find hard to believe.

So there you are, UKBA staff and their policies. :evil:

sandeeppatro
Newly Registered

Anwar, kindly confirm what happened to your application abou

Post by sandeeppatro » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Kindly confirm the startus of your letter to the Payment Processing Unit of your declined payment.

superstar

Post by superstar » Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 am

hi there i am have posted this problem in long residency post but after reading this post i can see that i have same issue as ''Anwar16'' had.

I posted my application on 10/05/10 for ILR based on 10 yeaars long residence and i received acknowledgement letter after 2 days dated 11/05/10 but the payment still hasn't been taken yet which is making me so much worry. any one have any idea why they havent taken the payments yet???

sandeeppatro
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeppatro » Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Most likely your payment might have been declined by the Credit/Debit Card, please check with ur bank and confirm.

superstar

Post by superstar » Wed May 26, 2010 2:56 pm

yes i have checked with my bank but they said that there wasnt any attempt to take money out yet :?

w4l
Newly Registered

Post by w4l » Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm

hi,

If there has been a problem with processing payment, eg credit card payment declined, how long does it take for the application to be returned as invalid?

I have been waiting for 4 weeks and am worried now!

sandeeppatro
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeppatro » Thu May 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Just for all of your information, I also had my payment declined by my Credit Card company and as I found out quick enough, reached Home Office with the usual no. and they advised me to send another form and a covering letter detailed with the new payment which I did and eventually my money is taken from my Bank and hopefully my case is being looked after now.

Will kepp you updated more on this. The address needed to be sent is :

UK Border Agency
Charging Support Team
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

superstar

Post by superstar » Thu May 27, 2010 10:28 pm

sandeeppatro wrote:Just for all of your information, I also had my payment declined by my Credit Card company and as I found out quick enough, reached Home Office with the usual no. and they advised me to send another form and a covering letter detailed with the new payment which I did and eventually my money is taken from my Bank and hopefully my case is being looked after now.

Will kepp you updated more on this. The address needed to be sent is :

UK Border Agency
Charging Support Team
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

hi sandeeppatro
could you please explain more that, how you sent you application 2nd time?i suppose u didnt have passports just the acknowledgement letter and how many days it took 2nd time for money to be taken out from your account?did u give debit card details 2nd or cheque?

sandeeppatro
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeppatro » Fri May 28, 2010 1:07 pm

To give you the timeline, I applied my ILR by post on 26th April and on 28th April evening I generally checked with by Credit Card company and they said that there is a decline of payment even though I advised them not to.

I immediatly tried seeing all the forums with various messages and the following moring tried calling HO and they said your case will be rejected and they will send me the dcoument however, if you wish you can just try by sending another payment to the above address with a covering letter and the payment section of the ILR form with the reference no. or the postal ID. They didnt gurantee me that it will work, however just asked me to give it a try.

I did the same thing and sent it and this time with my Debit Card details and I saw Home Office taken my money on 10th May.

Hope they are now processing my ILR.

Please let me know if can be of any further help.

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

No Visa Fee Deducted yet!!!

Post by wasimbari611 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:24 am

My Application type is SET(M)

My Visa Expiry Date was: 31/01/2010
I sent my Application on 26/01/2010
They received my application on 28/01/2010
Got Ack Letter dated 29/01/2010
the waiting time has been as of now: 19 weeks
No Fee has been taken out of my a/c yet;

I'm still waiting for the decision, The thing is no Visa fee has been taken out of my account yet and its been almost

19 weeks and I'm still waiting for my decision. Whenever I call them they say 95% application are solved within 6 months and if there is any problem we will contact you but

when I applied for the visa the waiting time was 12-16 weeks.But my biggest point of concern is why they have not taken the

payment out of my account yet and why they are taking ages.

Any advice or help will be much appreciated.

wasimbari611
Newly Registered

Post by wasimbari611 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

@sandeeppatro

Any progress in your case........

sandeeppatro
Newly Registered

Post by sandeeppatro » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:43 am

Hey Wasim

There is no update from my end, moreover am not expecting so soon as its just 4 weeks back my money got deducted and 6 weeks back I applied, so ideally atleast I should wait for another 8 weeks as mine is SET(O) which 5 years WP + HSMP + Tier1.

Hope you get your ILR soon and am sure you will get the result quicker.