ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Tier 1 Application forms published..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

New Tier 1 Application forms published..

Post by MJNair » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 pm

The new Tier 1 application forms are now available in the UKBA website.

The section for Educational qualifications is still very confusing..
* an applicant can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if they have, or have last been granted, leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-Employed Lawyer Person; and that leave was granted before 31 March 2009.
This is the update in the Immigration Rules -> Appendix A.
7A. Applicants will only be awarded points for a Bachelor's degree if:

(a) they have, or have last been granted, leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-Employed Lawyer Person;

(b) that leave was granted before 31 March 2009; and

(c) they are applying to extend that leave.

GeneNZ

Re: New Tier 1 Application forms published..

Post by GeneNZ » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:54 pm

MJNair wrote:The new Tier 1 application forms are now available in the UKBA website.

* an applicant can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if they have, or have last been granted, leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-Employed Lawyer Person; and that leave was granted before 31 March 2009.

(a) they have, or have last been granted, leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-Employed Lawyer Person;

Not too sure where you are looking, but from what I can see on the ukvisas website, as well as the ukba website, there has been no update. The forms are still stated Oct 09 for the PBS Appendix 1.

It explains the above, since the above relates to extension applications, which were the only circumstances in which a Bachelor's degree was allowed for claiming points in the current rules (prior to Apr 6th 2010).

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:01 am

On that note, the online PBS calculator and the ukvisas website are both being concurrently updated for the rules as we speak. If you go to the online PBS calculator, it says it is down for scheduled maintainence, and if you go to the ukvisas website and click "How to apply", there are a number of new pages on the lefthand menu bar (name "new page 1/2/3 etc".

Would be good to see where these new application forms are though.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:09 am

MJNair wrote:The new Tier 1 application forms are now available in the UKBA website.

My apologies. I found the forms:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... lications/

On right hand side.

EDIT: The policy guidance and the application form for both Tier 1 General after April 6th is the same. I think its transitional, except, I can't find the issue that the original poster saw.

EDIT2: The links to the forms above are only for applications made inside the UK.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:45 am

Any news when they would publish new forms for applications made outside UK?
The point based calculator is still not updated for new rules. Who will believe that we are 4 just days away from new rules. I am having close watch on the new uplift ratio for India as that may change the rules of the game.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Any news when they would publish new forms for applications made outside UK?
The point based calculator is still not updated for new rules. Who will believe that we are 4 just days away from new rules. I am having close watch on the new uplift ratio for India as that may change the rules of the game.
The upliftment ratios are currently being reviewed,however a separate annoncement will be made later in the year.So in summary- the ratios will remain the same in the time being.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 am

The Points Based Calculator has been updated in the UKBA website....
To see which rules apply to you you have to fill in the date of your 1st sucessful application..

Points-based calculator - help
Enter the date you first successfully applied under Tier 1 of the points-based system.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system this must be on or after 29 February 2008. If you first successfully applied under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), Self Employed Lawyers concession or the Writers, composers and artists category and you are applying under Tier 1 (General) enter 29 February 2008.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (Post Study Work), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Investors) this must be on or after 30 June 2008.

Date of application
For applications made from inside the United Kingdom this will be taken to be:

â– where the application form was sent by post, the date of posting; or
â– where the application form was sent by courier, the date on which it was delivered to the UK Border Agency or the Home Office; or
â– where the application form was submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on which the application and associated payment was accepted.

For applications made from outside the United Kingdom this will be taken to be:

â– the date that the fee associated with the application was paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at a British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online.

The rules for applying under Tier 1 of the points-based system were amended on 31st March 2009 and again on 6th April 2010. The date on which you applied determines which version of the rules applied to your first successful application and which apply to your extension. For example if you applied on 30th March 2009 then the rules were different than if you applied on 31st March 2009. You must enter a date of initial application which falls within the correct period you actually applied as failure to do so may result in you assessing against a date which is not applicable to you and receiving an incorrect assessment from the calculator.
What points you geet for your earnings and qualifications would be based on this..

This I hope makes it clear for those of you who were unsure of what rules apply to you because you got your visas after 31st March 2009 but had made the application before that..

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am

MJNair wrote:The Points Based Calculator has been updated in the UKBA website....
To see which rules apply to you you have to fill in the date of your 1st sucessful application..

Enter the date you first successfully applied under Tier 1 of the points-based system.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system this must be on or after 29 February 2008. If you first successfully applied under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), Self Employed Lawyers concession or the Writers, composers and artists category and you are applying under Tier 1 (General) enter 29 February 2008.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (Post Study Work), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Investors) this must be on or after 30 June 2008.

Date of application

â– where the application form was sent by courier, the date on which it was delivered to the UK Border Agency or the Home Office; or
â– where the application form was submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on which the application and associated payment was accepted.

â– the date that the fee associated with the application was paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at a British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online.

The rules for applying under Tier 1 of the points-based system were amended on 31st March 2009 and again on 6th April 2010. The date on which you applied determines which version of the rules applied to your first successful application and which apply to your extension. For example if you applied on 30th March 2009 then the rules were different than if you applied on 31st March 2009. You must enter a date of initial application which falls within the correct period you actually applied as failure to do so may result in you assessing against a date which is not applicable to you and receiving an incorrect assessment from the calculator.
What points you geet for your earnings and qualifications would be based on this..

This I hope makes it clear for those of you who were unsure of what rules apply to you because you got your visas after 31st March 2009 but had made the application before that..
Please can you provide me with the URL of the new PBS calculator as you are saying its updated.
The following http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator is still pointing to the old calculation.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:29 am

beecharmer1800bc wrote:
hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Any news when they would publish new forms for applications made outside UK?
The upliftment ratios are currently being reviewed,however a separate annoncement will be made later in the year.So in summary- the ratios will remain the same in the time being.
So if I am applying from India on or after 6th April then I should base my previous earning calculation taking 5.3 as uplift ratio until we get some new number for that? Is that correct?
Other changes including Bachelor's degree, age restriction, new earning band etc will apply on and after 6th April.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:40 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:
beecharmer1800bc wrote:
So if I am applying from India on or after 6th April then I should base my previous earning calculation taking 5.3 as uplift ratio until we get some new number for that? Is that correct?
Other changes including Bachelor's degree, age restriction, new earning band etc will apply on and after 6th April.
Yes this is correct. Until they annouce the new uplift ratio, they will stick to the old ones. There is no word on when the new uplift ratios will be instated.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 am

MJNair wrote:The Points Based Calculator has been updated in the UKBA website....

Date of application

Not too sure where you're looking. The PBS calculator is still under the old rules.

Helpful hint: Would be good if you could share with the community the URL's, as opposed to just stating something. Don't get me wrong, reporting changes to the community is great and I'm thankful - but it took me a good 30 minutes to find these forms this morning because no link was given.
Last edited by GeneNZ on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am

The forms will be released on April 6th according to the statement of policy. So don't expect it anytime before that. If we do get it before that, consider ourselves lucky.

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

HO website still has old PBS calculator

Post by TargetTier1 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 am

Any idea when the new PBS calculator will be published?
hsmp_apr2010 wrote:

Date of application

Please can you provide me with the URL of the new PBS calculator as you are saying its updated.
The following http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator is still pointing to the old calculation.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 am

Apologies..
I was refering to this site.. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

I thought it was updated as it was different from the last time I checked (last month).

They have a new section to enter the date of your 1st application..

You are right... If you look for new Tier 1 applications, it still shows points only for Masters and PhD.

I was only looking for extension points.. !

Apologies again..!

fisher

Post by fisher » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:21 am

The tier 1 guidance notes is not correct. The link on the UKBA site points to the form itself...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... linsideuk/

Guess we have to wait now till 6-apr for it to get updated.