ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A lot of questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lietuve
Newly Registered

A lot of questions

Post by lietuve » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:54 am

My story: claimed asylum in 2007. Home Office misplaced my file, and only sorted the mess last month. Received my ARC card 2 weeks ago. Read somewhere that I can ask for work permit in exceptional circumstances, as a long wait was not a fault of my own. Is this possible? Also, would it be vise to ask the H.Office for permission to marry straigt away? We have been together since 2007, she's British, and we have a daughter together. Also, is it worth writing a letter to HO and telling them about my family situation/daughter? We could not get married up until now as I did not have any documents.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 am

Please keep questions to one thread and not use multiple posts to solicit answers.
This makes it easier for people to help you

nrdol1
Newly Registered

Post by nrdol1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 am

If you have been waiting more than 1 year for a decision on your asylum application it is well worth requesting permission to work as in many circumstances it is normally granted.

If you have a caseowner at the Home Office I'd suggest you write them a letter informing them of your family circumstances so that they can take account of this when they make a decision.