ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds - 1 day short!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

panthero
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds - 1 day short!!

Post by panthero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello, I am trying to switch from Tier 2 to Tier 1 and have all in order apart from one day during the specified 3 months when my account dropped below £800 due to circumstances beyond my control. Do you know any similar cases? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Last edited by panthero on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vks

Re: Maintenance funds - 1 day short!!

Post by vks » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:06 pm

panthero wrote:Hello, I am trying to switch from Tier 2 to Tier 1 and have all in order apart from one day during the specified 3 months when my account dropped below £800 due to circumstances beyond my control - employer delayed the payment (have a letter from him explaining the situaiton)... Have been in the UK for more than 6 years and can't imagine going home now - Tier 1 before 6th April is the only hope as work contract finished.

Do you know any similar cases? Any advice would be much appreciated. The funds dipped on 12th Jan...
Since there is no alternate in your visa situation:
1. Contingency plan: Do you have any other account, which had substantial money that can be shown for maintenance in your home country?
2. The second option can be the one which you explained (but I doubt the case worker would accept it!)
Regards,
vks

panthero
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance funds - 1 day short!!

Post by panthero » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Thank you!