ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not recieved letter of Biometric 7 weeks since submission

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sajjuban
Newly Registered

Not recieved letter of Biometric 7 weeks since submission

Post by sajjuban » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:17 am

Dear All,

I need some urgent advice here.

I applied for an extension to remain in UK once for 3 months which went through well. I was then required to extend my stay once again for 6 months.

My application (self, Wife + Son) was submitted by my company on 03-Feb-2010.

1) Application was delivered to UKBA on 05-Feb-2010. Confirmed by Post office.

2) Fee taken from company account on 05-Feb-2010. Confirmed by my company.

3) I or my company have recieved no letter for notification for biometeric, acknowedgement, etc.

4) I called UKBA on 26-Mar-2010 they say they cannot give any information unless it is 14 weeks.

Can someone please guide me what I should do? I am really worried as I have to go to India urgently in April 2010.

Any help and guidance will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Sajjuan

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Ask your employer to give UKBA a call as they are much more receptive to questions from the employers directly rather than the applicants.

Regards

sajjuban
Newly Registered

Post by sajjuban » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 pm

They did not talk to my HR person at all. I am feeling really stuck.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 am

did u call on employers helpline number?

ask your employer to ask the guy on the phone .... if you, an applicant, are able to legally work. obviously you can, but this will force the guy to check up on any outstanding application that you have submitted and hopefully subsequently HR guy can ask what stage your application is in.

hope you see my point

regards

coolguy_83

Post by coolguy_83 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:27 pm

I experienced same kind of problem during my extension. But i received acknowledgement very soon but i did not receive the biometric enrollment for 3 weeks. I called the 08 no to enquire the status of my application. First they declined to tell the status but once i explained my case they told that they have sent the bio letter 3 weeks back. But for some reason i did not receive the letter. Up on my request they agreed to resent the biometric letter immediately.

I suggest you to do the same if you feel Ok.

sajjuban
Newly Registered

Post by sajjuban » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Dear All Thanks for for your responses.
As suggested I did manage to speak to the helpline when I explained my case. They had sent two letters to my employer and they missed it. When I told the same to my employer they could find both. I have now scheduled and already done with my biometrics.

THANKS A TONNE!!