ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

js03022006
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa queries

Post by js03022006 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi,

My Tier1 visa valid from June 2009. I am planning to move to UK on June 2010 and planning to apply the dependent visa for my wife and son before my travel.

1. Will it be an issue in processing my wife & son dependent visa as I have processed last year but not travelled to UK?

2. I will be travelling on June and My wife and son will be joining later (sometime in September), so can i mention some date in september in 'On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK' field (VAF10 application form)

3. My son is 3 years old, I will sign in 'Parent/legal guardian’s signature' field. Do I need put my Son's thumb impression in 'Applicant’s signature' field or not required?

Thanx in advance

Rgds,
js

vks

Re: Dependent Visa queries

Post by vks » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 pm

js03022006 wrote:Hi,

My Tier1 visa valid from June 2009. I am planning to move to UK on June 2010 and planning to apply the dependent visa for my wife and son before my travel.

1. Will it be an issue in processing my wife & son dependent visa as I have processed last year but not travelled to UK?

AS long as you can satisfy the criteria and follow the Tier1 general dependants' guidance, there will not be any issues!

2. I will be travelling on June and My wife and son will be joining later (sometime in September), so can i mention some date in september in 'On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK' field (VAF10 application form)

I don't think that A specific date is required. Month should be fine!

3. My son is 3 years old, I will sign in 'Parent/legal guardian’s signature' field. Do I need put my Son's thumb impression in 'Applicant’s signature' field or not required?

No. Sign it yourself and specify the relation and your name printed below

Thanx in advance

Rgds,
js
Regards,
vks

js03022006
Newly Registered

Post by js03022006 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Thans vks.

--- The reason I asked this bcaz I am planning to process the dependent visa this month and if i mention september, will not be a problem? I remember someone mentioned in this forum that ''On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK' should not be more than 90 days from the processing date. I mean if i apply April 5th then the date should be mentioned before July 5th. Is it true? (Sorry for the big explanation)

--- Do you mean i need to sign in both the fields 'Applicant’s signature' and 'Parent/legal guardian’s signature' ?

js03022006
Newly Registered

Post by js03022006 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 am

any response for my below queries?

vks

Post by vks » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:25 am

js03022006 wrote:Thans vks.

--- The reason I asked this bcaz I am planning to process the dependent visa this month and if i mention september, will not be a problem? I remember someone mentioned in this forum that ''On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK' should not be more than 90 days from the processing date. I mean if i apply April 5th then the date should be mentioned before July 5th. Is it true? (Sorry for the big explanation)

I am not aware of such specifics, with respect to HO guidance

--- Do you mean i need to sign in both the fields 'Applicant’s signature' and 'Parent/legal guardian’s signature' ?

Yes!
Regards,
vks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:25 pm

-- The reason I asked this bcaz I am planning to process the dependent visa this month and if i mention september, will not be a problem? I remember someone mentioned in this forum that ''On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK' should not be more than 90 days from the processing date. I mean if i apply April 5th then the date should be mentioned before July 5th. Is it true? (Sorry for the big explanation)
ECB9.5 What if applicant is not intending to travel straight away to the UK
The ECO should check the applicant's visa application form (VAF) for the proposed date of travel in order to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, and possible claims for a refund of the extension fee.
Where an applicant may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application: the ECO has discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/ecbasi ... ty#6874665