ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Super Premium Service from UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmmsa5
Newly Registered

New Super Premium Service from UKBA

Post by mmmsa5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 pm

The super premium service will provide a high level of customer service and convenience. Our officers will visit a location chosen by the customer to enrol the customer's biometric information (fingerprints and photograph). :?
Since when UKBA has started bothering about immigrants??? Totally surprised.... carry on reading
The fee for the new service is £15,000 per application, which includes any fees relating to dependants.
Will I be paying this INSANE price? :evil:

I hope I will be able to afford the ever increasing Standard fee when it comes to extension.

UKBA should set this price for you to buy a visa of your choice (and may be get the second free for your friend 8) ).

What you guys think???

You can check this joke on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... er-premium

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:46 pm

What you guys think???
I think that if you were a Premier League footballer earning £100,000 per week, you might just pay the £15,000 to save yourself the bother of taking off a half day and going to the PEO.

I suspect that there will be very few takers of this super premium service. I also think that an MP is bound to ask a parliamentary written question, and ask how many people have taken up the new service. It will be interesting to find out the answer.
John

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:29 am

John wrote:
What you guys think???
I think that if you were a Premier League footballer earning £100,000 per week, you might just pay the £15,000 to save yourself the bother of taking off a half day and going to the PEO.

I suspect that there will be very few takers of this super premium service. I also think that an MP is bound to ask a parliamentary written question, and ask how many people have taken up the new service. It will be interesting to find out the answer.
I find it ironic that they chose to release this information on April fools day. I'm sure some people will be confused whether this is real or a joke.

T90

Post by T90 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:52 am

15k quid?... bloody hell... this is sophisticated begging...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:19 am

I find it ironic that they chose to release this information on April fools day.
They didn't. It was part of the fee announcement a few weeks ago.
John

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 pm

That is clear Money Laundering, you have to charge according to market value of the service you will render, and not looking into what the applicant is earning - though the earning range for footballers is also Money Laundering.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 am

PostMan wrote:That is clear Money Laundering, you have to charge according to market value of the service you will render, and not looking into what the applicant is earning - though the earning range for footballers is also Money Laundering.
Money Laundering has a completely different meaning.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:02 am

PostMan wrote:That is clear Money Laundering, you have to charge according to market value of the service you will render, and not looking into what the applicant is earning - though the earning range for footballers is also Money Laundering.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:42 am

John wrote:
I find it ironic that they chose to release this information on April fools day.
They didn't. It was part of the fee announcement a few weeks ago.
That's what makes it ironic. I know it was real, as I read about it a while back. But to make the official announcement on April 1st surely would confuse people. Especially given the steep cost (!) cost of it all.