ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residency ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nishsil
Newly Registered

Long Residency ILR

Post by nishsil » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 am

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply for 10 year based ILR in June. I've been reading it takes over 6 months for the application to be decided these days for most people.
So I'm just wondering will it be helpful and quick for the case workers at UKBA if I send my application with CRB report (from Criminal Records Bureau) of my self and the SAR file (from UKBA) attached to my documents?
Do you all think, if the case worker has this important details in front of him he will not have to take time to re do this checks and will it quicken up my application?

Please suggest... All advises much appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi nishsil

I'm afraid it won't. People who have been waiting a long time have "straight forward" applications and have provided above the required documents.

If your application passes the initial checks then you will go into the queue, behind those who have been waiting 30 weeks+. The good news is that UKBA seem to be speeding up the 10 year long term ILR processing so by the time your application is sent they maybe processing within the 6 month SLA.

Provide those extra documents if you think it will help. It will be interesting to see if it does have any impact but honestly it really is a waiting game :(

nishsil
Newly Registered

Post by nishsil » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi kiwigirl25,

Thank u for ur advise...