ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW rejected, appeal or fresh application out of country?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ladypersona
Newly Registered

PSW rejected, appeal or fresh application out of country?

Post by ladypersona » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi,

I got my PSW rejected today with appeal deadline of 15th April :(
The refusal ground is the maintenance funds falling below 800GBP for 12 days in November(I made my application in late Jan).

I am thinking of appealing with the balance info of my home country bank account as an additional evidence,
but I don't know if they would accept the overseas account as evidence? (after further research: YES they do accept overseas account balance)

also I heard the appeal process usually takes around 6 months or even longer.
Then would it be the better option to go back and make a fresh application once I had the three-months-2800GBP condition met?

Please help... and if any of you know any good (and reasonable) immigration solicitor I would be grateful to have recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance, it's a comfort to have people who share the similar experiences (if frustrating) in time of panic :)

Cheers,
Seryu
Last edited by ladypersona on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

crownvictory

Re: PSW rejected, appeal or fresh application out of country

Post by crownvictory » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:51 pm

[quote="ladypersona"]Hi,

The refusal ground is the maintenance funds falling below 800GBP for 12 days in November(I made my application in late Jan).

I am thinking of appealing with the balance info of my home country bank account,
but I don't know if they would accept the overseas account as evidence?

U can not use fresh Bank Statement to appeal !
If it is truely, d balace fell for 12days it is better u re-apply fresh with fresh B/statement tht meets d requirement.

FRESH001
Newly Registered

Post by FRESH001 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 pm

I think the best alternative you've got if I were you is to submit a fresh application if you still have leave to remain on your passport because you might not like to go tru the appeal processes

crownvictory

Post by crownvictory » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

wrong postg, sorry!.
Last edited by crownvictory on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: PSW rejected, appeal or fresh application out of country

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 pm

ladypersona wrote:Hi,

I am thinking of appealing with the balance info of my home country bank account,
but I don't know if they would accept the overseas account as evidence?

also I heard the appeal process usually takes around 6 months or even longer.
Then would it be the better option to go back and make a fresh application once I had the three-months-2800GBP condition met?

Please help... and if any of you know any good (and reasonable) immigration solicitor I would be grateful to have recommendations.

Thank you so much in advance, it's a comfort to have people who share the similar experiences (if frustrating) in time of panic :)

Cheers,
Seryu
Here is my 2 cents....

If you are not too bothered about paying application fees and can show 2800 pounds , then i would suggest apply again as its the most straight forward way to go. Mind you, it will save you from the mental torture that is the wait involved during appeal process.

If you cant/dont want to do that, than go for appeal process. The main sticking point will be whether the judge presiding over your case would admit the "fresh" evidence or not. If he does, than thats fine and you will have won your case. If not, then you will HAVE to leave county. People have done similar thing in the past and got away with that but there is still a risk involved with this plan so... it comes to your decision.

The appeal process will eat precous time and you need to remember that the psw application must be made within 12 months of date of award of degree.

Hope you make a sensible decision by thinking objectively and not emotionally.

regards

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Send in your appeal. By doing so your stay here is still legal. It will give you time to make preparation for fresh application but don't take too long to stay. when you are ready to go back to your country to reapply, send a letter to withdraw your appeal. Keep a copy of that letter and your flight tickets to prove your have left UK voluntarily, if your last visa has expired. Hope this helps. thanks.