ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Restrictions on PSW Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bym007

Travel Restrictions on PSW Dependant Visa

Post by bym007 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi all,

My wife and baby are wishing to travel to Pakistan sometime soon for about 7-8 months. Our visa runs out in January 2012, so thats looking ok.

Someone told my wife, that she can only remain outside UK for 90 days or less on PSW dependant visa. Is this correct?

Our documentation from HO attached alongwith the PSW application did not put any restrictions on travel.

Is this a hoax ? Many thanks for the help.

bym007

Post by bym007 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Any one ?

bym007

Post by bym007 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am

I am going to explain my situation once again, so get some sort of clarification.

I am living in the UK on Tier-1 Post Study Worker visa issued in January 2010 and expiring in January 2012. My wife and baby wish to travel to my home country Pakistan next month for a period of 8 months.

I have spoken to a couple of solicitors and they have said that my family might have to re-apply for their visa once again upon their return.

Although there are no stated restrictions on their passports, I want to clarify if there could be any potential issues on their return to the UK?

Please let me know if there is any information you would need.

Many thanks for your time.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:57 pm

This is unusual and never heard of it before. If they have a valid visa, then why do they have to re-apply?