ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help...........thanks

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mayur2001
Newly Registered

Post by mayur2001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 am

Hi,
I am indian and residing in uk since last 2 years, now wanted to apply for CANADA PR....details bellow
-We both are master degree holder
-I have 10 years of sales and marketing experiance in india
-we both r 33 years old
-Wife had 4 years experiance in NGO in india
-Fund we can manage

Please help me for few quastions?

1- Who is in batter position to apply?
2- How much time it take for decision
3-what are chances to get it?
4-If we go back to india during process, will it make diffrence?

Thanks
Mayur[/list][/url]

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 am

This is the current list of eligible occupations for skilled worker visa. One of you needs to have minimum one year's experience in one of these occupations, as well as the required 67 points. Not sure either of you are on it, but what did you wife do with the NGO?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... s.asp#list

1. Whoever meets the 67 points requirement and has a listed job should be principle applicant.

2. Processing time at London visa office is currently quoted as between 6 and 12 months.

3. If you meet the job and points requirements, and if the background checks and medicals are satisfactory, you stand a good chance.

4. Sorry, no idea.

mayur2001
Newly Registered

Post by mayur2001 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am

thank you friend

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Richter wrote:This is the current list of eligible occupations for skilled worker visa.

Keep in mind that the list of occupation is likely to change in the next 4 to 8 weeks. Changes are currently under consultation. If you qualify in one of the occupation in the current list, you may want to apply by middle of April.

Ray

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 am

Richter wrote:This is the current list of eligible occupations for skilled worker visa. One of you needs to have minimum one year's experience in one of these occupations, as well as the required 67 points. Not sure either of you are on it, but what did you wife do with the NGO?

1. Whoever meets the 67 points requirement and has a listed job should be principle applicant.

2. Processing time at London visa office is currently quoted as between 6 and 12 months.

3. If you meet the job and points requirements, and if the background checks and medicals are satisfactory, you stand a good chance.

4. Sorry, no idea.
Nice reply Richtar :P

Cheers
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

msrmsr
Newly Registered

Post by msrmsr » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

raymasa2 wrote:
Richter wrote:This is the current list of eligible occupations for skilled worker visa.

Keep in mind that the list of occupation is likely to change in the next 4 to 8 weeks. Changes are currently under consultation. If you qualify in one of the occupation in the current list, you may want to apply by middle of April.

Ray
Ray,
Any idea if you are aware of the changes being implied. Is there a link you could provide regarding this?
Thanks

MSR

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 am

msrmsr wrote:
raymasa2 wrote:

Ray
Ray,
Any idea if you are aware of the changes being implied. Is there a link you could provide regarding this?
Thanks

MSR
CIC is currently doing consultation for the new list, until April 16th. They will announce the new list after April 16th, but no date yet as to when the announcement will be made.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department ... -03-16.asp

Ray

mayur2001
Newly Registered

Help.....urgent

Post by mayur2001 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Friends...
I am planning to put file for skill worker visa in canada.....i am working since last 2 years in UK and my wife doing study since last 3 years......i asked question before but this is different because i wanted to know that ILET is compulsory for eligibility or uk study or work would be accountable?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Help.....urgent

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:22 pm

mayur2001 wrote:Friends...
I am planning to put file for skill worker visa in canada.....i am working since last 2 years in UK and my wife doing study since last 3 years......i asked question before but this is different because i wanted to know that ILET is compulsory for eligibility or uk study or work would be accountable?
Its not compulsory, but how else are you going to show your English abilities? You can write them a letter to try and convience them, but then they would decide if you have convinced them to give you enough points. With IELTS, your points will be based on the score you got in IELTS, not the visa officer's opinion.

Remember, you only get one chance, if you fail to convince them with a letter and dont get enough points, they wont ask for IELTS exam, they will simply say no to your application.

Do you really want to risk that?

Ray

mayur2001
Newly Registered

point related........

Post by mayur2001 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 pm

thanks for u r reply...

but if i don't gain English point and even after i cross 67 point than what?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: point related........

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 pm

mayur2001 wrote:thanks for u r reply...

but if i don't gain English point and even after i cross 67 point than what?
If you have 67 points, it doesnt matter. Keeping in mind that you have 67 points as assessed by CIC, not by you.

Ray

mayur2001
Newly Registered

thanks...now let me tell u.....

Post by mayur2001 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I am 34 years and having 10 years experiance in sales and marketing experience and out of that 4 years as manager in insurance firm in india and 2 years experience in retail as supervisor in UK, me and my wife both r master degree holder and now tell me friend if officer give me just 2 or 3 point from English language can i cross 67 points?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: thanks...now let me tell u.....

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm

mayur2001 wrote:I am 34 years and having 10 years experiance in sales and marketing experience and out of that 4 years as manager in insurance firm in india and 2 years experience in retail as supervisor in UK, me and my wife both r master degree holder and now tell me friend if officer give me just 2 or 3 point from English language can i cross 67 points?
Have you checked the CIC's website to see if you qualify? Are you in the list of profession Richer pointed you to? Based on information you provided there is no way anyone can tell you if you qualify. I suggest you go through the CIC's website and test your eligibility.

Ray

mayur2001
Newly Registered

Thanks.....0121

Post by mayur2001 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi i gone through 0121 profile and i was doing the same so i am sure i am eligible than what? according to my above detail? please reply

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks.....0121

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 pm

mayur2001 wrote:Hi i gone through 0121 profile and i was doing the same so i am sure i am eligible than what? according to my above detail? please reply
0121 Insurance, Real Estate and Financial Brokerage Managers is not on the list of 38. Which list did you go through? Obviously not the one Richter provided the link to.

If you go through the CIC website, you will find the basic information. It appears to me that you either dont have the time to read the basic information or just not that interested in applying. Richter provided you the link, yet you seem to not want to read even a single page, that would start to answer your question.

Ray

amit.sinha
Newly Registered

Post by amit.sinha » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:28 pm

1. Both are in a position to apply for visa.
2. It depends on the formalities and the purpose for which you are applying
3. Getting it done through a immigration agent would be good, like one of my friend is in touch with a consultant named Goldman Associates (they have a website called immigrationtocanada.org) specialized in immigration to Canada
4. I guess a consultant can answer you better.