ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

armughan
Newly Registered

Help required

Post by armughan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Can anyone suggest me if i should get a return ticket, when leaving uk voluntarily as i am a overstayer. I have a fiance'e here to whom i intend to rejoin after getting appropriate visa.
Will i be given trouble at the airport while i am leaving from heathrow.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:18 pm

You should have no problems at the airport and getting a return ticket if it is cheaper than two singles makes good sense
Getting a spousal or fiancee visa should be no problem as you are following HO guidelines

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Why get a return ticket?.

You must be very confident of getting a visa on your return to your country and then returning legally back to teh UK

I think your return ticket will almost certainly expire before the appropiate visa is granted to you and thus you have wasted a few quids for nothing.

I accept you should have no problem when leaving UK with a return ticket.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:00 pm

batleykhan wrote:Why get a return ticket?.
For some wierd reason, airline 'return' tickets are almost always cheaper than 'single'! :?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Unless it's an 'open' return with no forward date specified...which presumably is what would be needed.

sky_blue
BANNED

Post by sky_blue » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Casa wrote:Unless it's an 'open' return with no forward date specified...which presumably is what would be needed.
Return ticket is out of touch as you dont know when you would be able to get visa.So waste of dam money.