ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new application forms for outside uk released

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhin

new application forms for outside uk released

Post by abhin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am

cooltt_18

Re: new application forms for outside uk released

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Believe this is the old form ..it still has no bachelors!!

GeneNZ

Re: new application forms for outside uk released

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 am

cooltt_18 wrote:
Believe this is the old form ..it still has no bachelors!!
Correct. Note the date Oct 2009. This is still the old one.

abhin

Post by abhin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 am

please check the link once more
it is dated april 2009 but still they have made changes inside the form.
please go through the form
it shows age under 30 years - 20 points
page 4 of the form shows the new band for earnings.
on page 2 Q 3.3 shows bachelors degree claiming 30 points

Please click on the link once again and check

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 am

abhin wrote:please check the link once more
it is dated april 2009 but still they have made changes inside the form.
please go through the form
it shows age under 30 years - 20 points
page 4 of the form shows the new band for earnings.
on page 2 Q 3.3 shows bachelors degree claiming 30 points

Please click on the link once again and check
Nope still the old one.

The previous earnings band is incorrect (should go up to 150,000 pounds now for maximum points), and there isn't a bachelors degree for qualificiations for initial applications.

Also note that the 20 points is awarded for 29 and under, not 30 and under, as per the new points table.

abhin

Post by abhin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 am

2.2 Choose one of the options from the following to confirm the points you are claiming for age
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
under 30 years of age (20 points) 30 to 34 years of age (10 points)
35 to 39 years of age (5 points)

what you see above what i have copy pasted from the form i got from the above link.

i just can't understand what is happening
after seeing ur post i clicked on the link many times still im getting the new form only
sorry don't know what is happening

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, it is the new form. I can see the change of points for attributes.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am

abhin wrote:2.2 Choose one of the options from the following to confirm the points you are claiming for age
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
under 30 years of age (20 points) 30 to 34 years of age (10 points)
35 to 39 years of age (5 points)

what you see above what i have copy pasted from the form i got from the above link.

i just can't understand what is happening
after seeing ur post i clicked on the link many times still im getting the new form only
sorry don't know what is happening
My apologies. I think my browser was caching the old form. I've found the new form :)

Thanks again.

Edit: I take that back. I think there's something wrong with internet explorer on the ukvisas website. It works well with firefox, but not with IE8. Strange. Even reset to default and tried on many different machines.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 pm

The new policy guidance is out.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:15 pm

aruni4470 wrote:The new policy guidance is out.
Well that was a jampacked hour. Filled out the online application, read through the new policy guidance to confirm the similarities with the old ones in terms of evidence. Then completed the online application, and paid and booked biometrics for Thursday.

Now to print out everything including appendix 1 at work on the colour laser printer, and send off everything after my biometrics appointment on Thursday!

Wish me luck :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:46 pm

GeneNZ wrote:
Well that was a jampacked hour. Filled out the online application, read through the new policy guidance to confirm the similarities with the old ones in terms of evidence. Then completed the online application, and paid and booked biometrics for Thursday.

Now to print out everything including appendix 1 at work on the colour laser printer, and send off everything after my biometrics appointment on Thursday!

Waiting is over atlast. All the best GeneNZ!!!

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:

Waiting is over atlast. All the best GeneNZ!!!
Good luck GeneNZ!

btw did you find any dissimilarities in the new policy guidance?

Vega

Post by Vega » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 pm

GeneNZ wrote: Wish me luck :)
Good luck!

Was it just those two 7 page forms that you filled?

No 75 page form like the applying from within UK applicants?

What was the background color for the photos you submitted?

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Vega wrote:
GeneNZ wrote: Wish me luck :)
Good luck!

Was it just those two 7 page forms that you filled?

No 75 page form like the applying from within UK applicants?

What was the background color for the photos you submitted?
The online application automatically fills out the VAF9 Form for me (the really 75 page one which asks all the personal details). So I just need to fill out the the Appendix 1 for Tier 1 General (7 page form) and submit that with my supporting documentation. The online option is the only option to applicants in my country as there isn't a office you can apply to as in India and the UK itself.

Background of my photo was creme. That was the only option available since its a creme wall. The photo should in theory be acceptable since I already submitted it in a previous Tier 5 YMS visa, and it was accepted.

Vega

Post by Vega » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm

The VAF9 on the Visa services site for me (Applying from India - first time), is just 7 pages.

I hope I'm not going wrong. Is there something I am missing?

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 pm

Vega wrote:The VAF9 on the Visa services site for me (Applying from India - first time), is just 7 pages.

Sorry, I'm getting confused over my forms. There is a 75 Page PBS Migrant form that usually you fill out, and a Appendix 1 Form (7 pages).

Every applicant needs to fill out the Appendix form for thier chosen visa. The 75 Page PBS Migrant form can be filled out online for some countries, and other countries require it to be hand written.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 am

GeneNZ wrote:
Vega wrote:The VAF9 on the Visa services site for me (Applying from India - first time), is just 7 pages.

Sorry, I'm getting confused over my forms. There is a 75 Page PBS Migrant form that usually you fill out, and a Appendix 1 Form (7 pages).

Every applicant needs to fill out the Appendix form for thier chosen visa. The 75 Page PBS Migrant form can be filled out online for some countries, and other countries require it to be hand written.
Isnt the 75 page form the one to be used for applications made INSIDE UK?

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:39 am

GeneNZ wrote:

I am too confused here.
As per my understanding goes we need to fill two forms for application outside UK

1. Personal Details Form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9

2. PBS appendix 1
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1

THe PBS appendix clearly states this below

YOU MUST SUBMIT A PAPER COPY OF THIS APPENDIX WITH YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. ENSURE YOU ALSO COMPLETE THE PERSONAL DETAILS FORM EITHER ON PAPER OR ON LINE. YOU SHOULD SIGN THE DECLARATION ANDSUBMIT THIS WITH YOUR OTHER DOCUMENTS

Please let me know if we need to fill any other form?

Regards,
R[/u]

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:02 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:
GeneNZ wrote:

I am too confused here.
As per my understanding goes we need to fill two forms for application outside UK

1. Personal Details Form
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9

2. PBS appendix 1
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1

THe PBS appendix clearly states this below

YOU MUST SUBMIT A PAPER COPY OF THIS APPENDIX WITH YOUR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. ENSURE YOU ALSO COMPLETE THE PERSONAL DETAILS FORM EITHER ON PAPER OR ON LINE. YOU SHOULD SIGN THE DECLARATION ANDSUBMIT THIS WITH YOUR OTHER DOCUMENTS

Please let me know if we need to fill any other form?

Regards,
R[/u]
Hey i believe VAF9 form is a 7-page form that asks you the personal details.

The first question on the VAF9 form asks about the Appendix form (again 7-page form) which is the one where you list the points you claim.

These are the only 2 forms you need to fill in incase you are applying from OUTSIDE UK.

However, applicants from some countries could also apply online. Is this the 75-page form you are talking about?

Am i right? Seniors??

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:19 am

We're all getting confused over the names of the forms. Okay this is I believe it to be:

If applying from OUTSIDE the UK. Then:
1) You must fill out the VAF9 Form (dated March 2009), which contains all your personal information and history (e.g. name/passport number/travel history). In some countries (like mine) you must fill out this form and pay ONLINE. In other countries you will need to fill this out by hand.

2) In all applications, you must submit (handwritten) the Appendix 1, which indicates the points and attributes you score for the Tier 1 General visa. This should match the PBS Calculator.

The 75 page form I was getting confused with the VAF9 form, which has the personal details. Sorry. The 75-page form is used when applying from within the UK. So disregard all those comments.

Just as a side note only for those applying from New Zealand: if you applying from New Zealand then you must also fill out the Consent for Information form to allow the British High Commission to interact with the NZ Police. I don't know about other countries.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 am

GeneNZ wrote:We're all getting confused over the names of the forms. Okay this is I believe it to be:

If applying from OUTSIDE the UK. Then:
1) You must fill out the VAF9 Form (dated March 2009), which contains all your personal information and history (e.g. name/passport number/travel history). In some countries (like mine) you must fill out this form and pay ONLINE. In other countries you will need to fill this out by hand.

2) In all applications, you must submit (handwritten) the Appendix 1, which indicates the points and attributes you score for the Tier 1 General visa. This should match the PBS Calculator.

The 75 page form I was getting confused with the VAF9 form, which has the personal details. Sorry. The 75-page form is used when applying from within the UK. So disregard all those comments.

Just as a side note only for those applying from New Zealand: if you applying from New Zealand then you must also fill out the Consent for Information form to allow the British High Commission to interact with the NZ Police. I don't know about other countries.
Great! This is perfect! ..many thanks :)