ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GAP in continuity for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gd_chandrasekar

GAP in continuity for ILR

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi

I have found the below, hope it will help ppl like me...

Question : what is HEO?? can I apply in PEO office or do I need to apply by post? any suggestions pls..

3.1. Discretion in cases where continuous residence has been broken
In addition, time spent here in this capacity may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, in cases where:
•
there have been no absences abroad (apart from those described in paragraph 3 above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than 3 months or amounting to more than 6 months in all; or
•
there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than 3 months, and they must not amount to more than 6 months in all.
NB: Decisions in such cases must be taken at HEO level or above.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: GAP in continuity for ILR

Post by senthil78 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hi

I have found the below, hope it will help ppl like me...

Question : what is HEO?? can I apply in PEO office or do I need to apply by post? any suggestions pls..

3.1. Discretion in cases where continuous residence has been broken
In addition, time spent here in this capacity may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, in cases where:
•
there have been no absences abroad (apart from those described in paragraph 3 above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than 3 months or amounting to more than 6 months in all; or
•
there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than 3 months, and they must not amount to more than 6 months in all.
NB: Decisions in such cases must be taken at HEO level or above.
I think that HEO is some higher level within the Home Office. If the case worker decide to use the discretion in above cases, the decision should be taken at HEO level or above (I think that the case worker should consult at HEO level or above). It is something like that and it is my guess. But you need to apply ILR either at PEO or by Post

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

question is the case workers in PEO office are HEO levels? if not i dont know whether case worker might say he needs to send it to head office and he will not take decision then, so i will lose 200£, becaue that might be like applying by post

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:question is the case workers in PEO office are HEO levels? if not i dont know whether case worker might say he needs to send it to head office and he will not take decision then, so i will lose 200£, becaue that might be like applying by post
What is your issue? Can you explain in detail? Then only i can advise you whether you can apply at PEO or need to apply by post.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm

the question is, since in my case it says only HEO level officer can take decision.. is the case workers who work in PEO office are they equivalent to this grade?

Fees for PEO (which is 200£ more than postal application), reason is if they are not then they will take my application and fees (1095£) and might say since my case requires HEO level officer so they will not take decision immedately, instead will send the docs to their head office, which means my PEO application will be like a postal one.

So any idea whats the level of caseworkers in PEO office?
senthil78 wrote:
gd_chandrasekar wrote:question is the case workers in PEO office are HEO levels? if not i dont know whether case worker might say he needs to send it to head office and he will not take decision then, so i will lose 200£, becaue that might be like applying by post
What is your issue? Can you explain in detail? Then only i can advise you whether you can apply at PEO or need to apply by post.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:the question is, since in my case it says only HEO level officer can take decision.. is the case workers who work in PEO office are they equivalent to this grade?

Fees for PEO (which is 200£ more than postal application), reason is if they are not then they will take my application and fees (1095£) and might say since my case requires HEO level officer so they will not take decision immedately, instead will send the docs to their head office, which means my PEO application will be like a postal one.

So any idea whats the level of caseworkers in PEO office?
senthil78 wrote:
You haven't explained your issue? If you have broken the residency by exceeding the absence limit or gap in your visa, apply through post. If you apply at PEO, the decision may not be made at the same day and may require further investigation, so it will turned to be a postal application, but you still pay the same day fee (extra £200). I would advise you to apply through post.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:48 am

thanks mate