ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 from 6th APRIL 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

Seems like I was mistaken about the updates to the points calculator.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Apologies!

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 am

MJNair wrote:Seems like I was mistaken about the updates to the points calculator.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Apologies!
For those interested, the PBS calculator is now updated to the new rules. As I suspected, it was an automated cutover process. Hurrah!

Forms have yet to be updated, but its only 12:19am BST, and I suspect the forms will be released during business hours BST.

rcb
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by rcb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi All,

Please help me on my queries.

I have started to maintain the necessary fund at my Citibank savings account from Mar 26. I plan to submit my application at VFS Bangalore on June 28 or 29 – Is this feasible?

I will be aged 30 on July1st and so will miss out by 5 points if I miss to submit before July1.

I am worried if I will be able to arrange my bank documents within Jun 28. Please provide me some tips on how could I speed it up. Have any of you collected documents from Citibank?

Please help.

GeneNZ

Re: Please help

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 pm

rcb wrote:Hi All,

Please help me on my queries.

I have started to maintain the necessary fund at my Citibank savings account from Mar 26. I plan to submit my application at VFS Bangalore on June 28 or 29 – Is this feasible?

I will be aged 30 on July1st and so will miss out by 5 points if I miss to submit before July1.

I am worried if I will be able to arrange my bank documents within Jun 28. Please provide me some tips on how could I speed it up. Have any of you collected documents from Citibank?

Please help.
Just make sure (!!) that you do not let your savings drop below 2800 pounds during those 3 months. I know some people 'accidently' let it drop for even minutes, and the guidance clearly states its should never drop below this amount.

The multiplier for India in Tier 1 may also change by this time. Whether it goes up or down is anyones guess, and when it may change again is unknown. All we know is that it'll change 'in the future'.

GeneNZ

Re: Please help

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:47 am

For those that are curious, I've now received my Tier 1 General visa under the new rules effective on April 6th.

Applying from New Zealand (where applications are processed in Canberra, Australia), it was an 8 working day turnaround from sending the application to receiving the visa. I applied about one hour after the new forms were released on April 6th, so I'd imagine I would have been one of the first to apply under the new scheme.

Either way, I'd like to thank everyone on this board for their help. If I can help anyone else in anyway, don't hesitate to ask.