ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sudhirbph

Tier 2 extension

Post by sudhirbph » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi,
does anyone know if we have to maintain the £800.00 funds for three months if the application is tier 2 extension?
i have been on tier 2 since november which will expire this august. i have to change the employer in july and have to apply for extension aswell
please advise
thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 am

Yes, you need to show maintenance funds...

Please put your query clearly.. to get clear replies..

please go through the HO GUIDANCE

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

sudhirbph

Post by sudhirbph » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:08 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Yes, you need to show maintenance funds...

thanks for the reply. the guidance is as follows
laiming points
133. You can claim 10 points if:
• you score 50 points for applying under the transitional arrangements; or
• you score 30 points for switching from a post-study category (This applies to in-country
applications only); or
• you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant;
work permit holder; Jewish Agency Employee; Member of the Operational Ground Staff of
an Overseas-owned Airline; Minister of Religion; Missionary; Member of a Religious Order;
or Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation;
or
your A-rated sponsor certifies on the certificate of sponsorship that they will maintain and
accommodate you up to the end of your first month of employment in the United Kingdom
if required. Your sponsor may limit the amount of the undertaking but any limit must be at
least £800; or
• you have personal savings of at least £800 which must have been held for a consecutive 90
day period ending no more than 1 calendar month before the date of your application.

i am a tier 2 visa holder now and my visa expries august 2010. so wen i apply for an extension during july end or august this year, would i have to show the funds again???
hope thats clear.
thank you

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 pm

extensions require maintenance funds...
sudhirbph wrote:

laiming points
• you score 30 points for switching from a post-study category (This applies to in-country
applications only); or
• you currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant;
work permit holder; Jewish Agency Employee; Member of the Operational Ground Staff of
an Overseas-owned Airline; Minister of Religion; Missionary; Member of a Religious Order;
or Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation;
or
your A-rated sponsor certifies on the certificate of sponsorship that they will maintain and
accommodate you up to the end of your first month of employment in the United Kingdom
if required. Your sponsor may limit the amount of the undertaking but any limit must be at
least £800; or
• you have personal savings of at least £800 which must have been held for a consecutive 90
day period ending no more than 1 calendar month before the date of your application.

i am a tier 2 visa holder now and my visa expries august 2010. so wen i apply for an extension during july end or august this year, would i have to show the funds again???
hope thats clear.
thank you

sudhirbph

Post by sudhirbph » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Markie wrote:extensions require maintenance funds...
sudhirbph wrote:

laiming points
applications only); or
or
least £800; or

hope thats clear.
thank you

thanks for the info markie

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm

be very sure about the timing of any change of employer as it may effect you adversly.

You are SUPPOSE to leave country as soon as you notify your employer that you are quitting because they themselves need to inform HO about you. HO might serve you with visa curtailment and ask you to leave UK within few weeks.

I dont know exactly how it works but you should be extra cautious and dont overlook this matter. Just wanted to raise this possible complication.

regards