ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if....?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

What happens if....?

Post by Ohoopee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi, I have posted on here several times about the problems I have had renewing my work permit. Again, first I was delayed by the Revenue office taking for ever to send me the appropriate documentation I needed for my application and now I am waiting on my work permit which is very slow. My employer called me the other day to ask me about my permit. They are entering their busy season right now and are wanting me to start soon. They were wondering about my work permit. My work permit has not arrived yet and when I called the Work permit information line they gave me no indication that my work permit would be issued anytime this month in fact they said it would probably be next month at the earliest. Needless to say my employer is getting nervous and is talking removing my job offer and trying to hire someone else. Evidently since agreeing to hire me, they have had some more applications. If they do decide to take back my job offer before my work permit is issued, what are my options? What should I do? My old permit and visa have expired but I have been granted a temporary stamp by the Garda Immigration Officer. Is it possible to cancel a work permit before it is issued and still get the money back? Any advice would be appreciated.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

If you have temporary stamp and document showing that you have applied for work permit. You are ok to work. Work permit section has been slow for renewals from day one. not your fault.

Regards
tiggs

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:27 am

That sounds good but I am not sure if my employer will go for it without holding a work permit. I can understand their situation. I am the first Non Eu national they have EVER hired so they honestly have no idea about how all this works. I personally filled out all the paper work and even paid for my new work permit so even if I am technically allowed to work now, I am not sure if they will let me without the permit.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I and my spouse were in this situation several times (Before me getting naturalised). We were both able to carry on doing our jobs while work permit renewal was happening. GNIB kept of giving 3 month temporary stamps. Once it took almost 5 months for renewal.

I dont know about ur employment contract. If it is permanent full time, than its not a hassle. If you are doing some seasonal job, am not sure about that. Did you fill in renewal form or form for new work permit ?

Renewal process slowness is no way your fault. ( unless u applied last minute or something)

Regards
Tiggs

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

Sorry for the late reply. I'm currently having internet problems. I filled out a New work permit application. I am changing jobs because my last job was seasonal and I was forced to live three months out of every year unemployed. This new job is year round. I have been granted temporary three month permission to remain by the Garda immigration officer which expires in early June.