ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earning calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_apr2010

Previous earning calculation

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:04 am

I'm bit confused regarding currency conversions and previous earnings. The rules for Tier 1 specify that you will calculate your previous earnings using on the currency conversions via the OANDA site and multiply the result by the appropriate uplift ratio for your country. In my case uplift ratio would be 5.3 as I am applying from India.

I am confused over the conversion rate I should use as my previous earning falls on the border of two salary bands.

On the last day of my earning (31st march) the conversion rate as per OANDA was 0.01473.

So in the PBS calculator if I use the above rate 0.01473(upto 5th decimal point) my previous earning is 50001 and hence I am getting 30 points.

But If I use the conversion rate as .014 (upto three decimal points) my previous earning becomes 48603 and hence I get 25 points.

In either case I qualify.

So my question here is which band I fall into. I am particularly asking this because I don't want HO to reject my application saying my band calculation is incorrect.

Thanks,
R

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Previous earning calculation

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:I'm bit confused regarding currency conversions and previous earnings. The rules for Tier 1 specify that you will calculate your previous earnings using on the currency conversions via the OANDA site and multiply the result by the appropriate uplift ratio for your country. In my case uplift ratio would be 5.3 as I am applying from India.

I am confused over the conversion rate I should use as my previous earning falls on the border of two salary bands.

On the last day of my earning (31st march) the conversion rate as per OANDA was 0.01473.

So in the PBS calculator if I use the above rate 0.01473(upto 5th decimal point) my previous earning is 50001 and hence I am getting 30 points.

But If I use the conversion rate as .014 (upto three decimal points) my previous earning becomes 48603 and hence I get 25 points.

In either case I qualify.

So my question here is which band I fall into. I am particularly asking this because I don't want HO to reject my application saying my band calculation is incorrect.

Thanks,
R
Hey there,
You should use the FULL rate the oanda site provides i.e if it is 5 decimal pionts then USE the whole FIVE.
Meanwhile, you don't have to fret about anything since you qualify either ways and the HO will always check the OANDA site anyway and make their own calculations too.

Hope this helps
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:35 am

Since OANDA site is the officially recomended site by the HO for conversions etc.. you should use the full value on a particular date and claim the points accordinly..

agree with beecharmer1800bc... but if you want to feel good mention the same thing in brief..

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Since OANDA site is the officially recomended site by the HO for conversions etc.. you should use the full value on a particular date and claim the points accordinly..

agree with beecharmer1800bc... but if you want to feel good mention the same thing in brief..
Sorry but what should I mention here?