ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Edelweiss

Form AN Question

Post by Edelweiss » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 am

Hi there

I read recently in a news story (I think it was on the UKBA website) that on 6 April 2010 they would publish a new AN form. I have just checked (7 April) and the forms is still the one from Feb 2009. I will be applying at the end of this month, but would like to get my references sorted out in the meantime. Does anyone know if there will be a new form?

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Can you link the source please.

newperson

Post by newperson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm in a similar boat.

They did update the settlement forms for ILR (e.g., SET(O) and SET(M)). But they didn't update AN. You know, they didn't say they were going to specifically update the AN form. They just said that updates in general were going to be made.

From http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... april-2010:
The new fees are set out in the table that you can find on the right side of this page. Also on Tuesday 6 April 2010, we are revising a number of our application forms. If you are submitting an application on or after 6 April, please:

visit the relevant section of this website to check that you have the right form; and
make sure that you send us payment at the new fee level for your type of application.
So there's no guarantee of a new form, so you'll just have to wait and see. You might want to try ringing the nationality hotline, but I doubt anyone answering the phones there will know for sure. So yeah, I agree with you. This is a bit of a bind.

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 am

newperson wrote:I'm in a similar boat.

They did update the settlement forms for ILR (e.g., SET(O) and SET(M)). But they didn't update AN. You know, they didn't say they were going to specifically update the AN form. They just said that updates in general were going to be made.

From http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... april-2010:
The new fees are set out in the table that you can find on the right side of this page. Also on Tuesday 6 April 2010, we are revising a number of our application forms. If you are submitting an application on or after 6 April, please:

visit the relevant section of this website to check that you have the right form; and
make sure that you send us payment at the new fee level for your type of application.
So there's no guarantee of a new form, so you'll just have to wait and see. You might want to try ringing the nationality hotline, but I doubt anyone answering the phones there will know for sure. So yeah, I agree with you. This is a bit of a bind.
I doubt they will update the naturalisation forms. Unlike the other forms, the payment form that accompanies the naturalisation form is separate from the rest of the form and does not have an amount stipulated on it. You fill in the amount yourself unlike the rest of the forms. Just my 2 pence and I may be completely wrong!

I know someone who called Tuesday and was told the forms currently available on the website are the right forms to use.

Edelweiss

Post by Edelweiss » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Thank you! I guess after all the form filling for the HSMP visa and the many extensions I am just nervous. I will use the current form.

Thanks