ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Tier 1 question pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Urgent Tier 1 question pls help

Post by vijaymorenau » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I am in a strange problem. I have a uk tier 1 visa but I work in ireland.I have never used this visa except for entering uk once to look for a job and stayed for a week last year. Now the problem is I was coming from india and going to ireland and during the transit at heathrow the immigration officer gave me a transit visa(stamp) valid for 24 hours and told me that this will supersede(cancel) the earlier tier 1 visa I had. He has not put any cancel stamp on my uk visa but told me that it will automatically cancel. Now i am getting some good offer in uk and dont want to lose it. How do I make sure my visa is valid or cancelled as per what the immigration guy told me. There is 2 more years of validity remaining in that visa.
Anybody who has come across such thing pls help.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Tier 1 question pls help

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 pm

vijaymorenau wrote:I am in a strange problem. I have a uk tier 1 visa but I work in ireland.I have never used this visa except for entering uk once to look for a job and stayed for a week last year. Now the problem is I was coming from india and going to ireland and during the transit at heathrow the immigration officer gave me a transit visa(stamp) valid for 24 hours and told me that this will supersede(cancel) the earlier tier 1 visa I had. He has not put any cancel stamp on my uk visa but told me that it will automatically cancel. Now i am getting some good offer in uk and dont want to lose it. How do I make sure my visa is valid or cancelled as per what the immigration guy told me. There is 2 more years of validity remaining in that visa.
Either approach the British consulate in Ireland or write too UKBA and query the current status. It may help if you ask for your SAR file as well. Normally, the latest visa supersedes all previous visas. I suspect the Immigration Officer may be correct and you will have to apply for a fresh UK Tier 1 visa. I am sure a good Immigration Lawyer will be able to clarify if you do not get any answers from the Consulate or UKBA.
Regards,
crowbar6

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Tier 1 question pls help

Post by muditmalhotra » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:43 pm

vijaymorenau wrote:I am in a strange problem. I have a uk tier 1 visa but I work in ireland.I have never used this visa except for entering uk once to look for a job and stayed for a week last year. Now the problem is I was coming from india and going to ireland and during the transit at heathrow the immigration officer gave me a transit visa(stamp) valid for 24 hours and told me that this will supersede(cancel) the earlier tier 1 visa I had. He has not put any cancel stamp on my uk visa but told me that it will automatically cancel. Now i am getting some good offer in uk and dont want to lose it. How do I make sure my visa is valid or cancelled as per what the immigration guy told me. There is 2 more years of validity remaining in that visa.
but i m confused ,, when you had permission to enter into UK ( tier 1 ) why would immigration officer give you a transit visa ??

vijaymorenau
Newly Registered

Post by vijaymorenau » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:03 pm

I tried calling the british consulate, uk ba contact centres both of them had a meaningless reply of saying I was using the visa for wrong purpose.
Also I cannot apply for transit visa even if I wanted to because Ireland is part of common travel area.So I should have been let on the basis of my tier 1.

The immigration officer was so rude and from the time he saw the tier 1 and came to know that I am not working he was determined to cancel it.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm

raise the issue via local MP as im pretty sure they cant just cancel your tier 1 visa unless you have done something seriously wrong in UK.

regards