ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any recent EU1 applications granted or refused???

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monifé

Any recent EU1 applications granted or refused???

Post by Monifé » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Hey guys,

Just wondering has anyone recently received an approval or refusal letter for the EU1 application??

Would love to hear everyones feedback and why you were refused? Or if you were approved, any extra's you submitted that you think helped with your application??

beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 pm

I am waiting for mine this week, I will let you know as soon as I receive the response, I sent my application about 5 months and half ago, last week they called to my wife's work to ask if she works there...I guess they leave that for the last moment, so I am hoping to receive a letter this week. Hopefully everything will be fine and this problem will be over :roll:

cheers

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:07 am

Oh and also would like to know has anyone applied on the basis of partner or family member?

Oh and good luck with your application. My fiancé and I are going to apply for it in a few weeks.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Monifé wrote:Oh and also would like to know has anyone applied on the basis of partner or family member?

Oh and good luck with your application. My fiancé and I are going to apply for it in a few weeks.

Just got the letter 6 days before my temp stamp 4 expires

"I wish to inform you that your application has been approved as you fulfil the relevant conditions set out in the Regulations..."

:D :D

I applied as a partner (spouse) of the EU Citizen.

Best of luck to you and all the people who are in the same situation

iluvireland

monife

Post by iluvireland » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:49 pm

hello ghosthunter, congratulation
thats very good news,,,,do you have any advice for me pls

got tem stamp4 last oct 09,,,,for 6 month, my wife n me we both use to work, my wife left job jan 10 due to heavy pregnancy then we got a lovely son on 10 march 2010,,,,, also she is not able to work next few month.
now my question is wat gonna happen my
aplication for eu fam,,,,PLSSS HELP :

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: monife

Post by dublin3 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:43 am

iluvireland wrote:hello ghosthunter, congratulation
thats very good news,,,,do you have any advice for me pls

got tem stamp4 last oct 09,,,,for 6 month, my wife n me we both use to work, my wife left job jan 10 due to heavy pregnancy then we got a lovely son on 10 march 2010,,,,, also she is not able to work next few month.
now my question is wat gonna happen my
aplication for eu fam,,,,PLSSS HELP :
Your wife have lost a job or she is on maternity leave?
If she has lost a job then you have a problem otherwise you will be fine.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

ghostriderinthesky wrote: Just got the letter 6 days before my temp stamp 4 expires

"I wish to inform you that your application has been approved as you fulfil the relevant conditions set out in the Regulations..."

:D :D

I applied as a partner (spouse) of the EU Citizen.

Best of luck to you and all the people who are in the same situation
Congratulations :)

I am applying soon for my fiancé, as partner, not spouse of EU citizen.

Is there any extra documents you supplied that you think helped your application? How long have you been with your spouse?

:)

iluvireland

monife

Post by iluvireland » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:59 pm

my wife use to work in a resturent,,,,,when she heavly prgnt she ask to leave the job 6 month then her boss said if we need you then u can come back.....but they didnt issue p45 yet.
problems is if they ring they might say she dont work here now.

pls any advice ?????[/b]

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:13 pm

@iluvireland: I would suggest to have a conversation with the manager of your wife and let clear if the is on maternity leave or she is not consider an employee at the moment, because when they ask to the company of your wife if she works there and they say no...that will be consided as she is not exercising the treaty rights, so they would need to state that she is currently employed but on maternity leave, of course this is just my opinion.

@Monife:I supplied what they asked, the 1st time they asked for the PRTB letter but my landlord in those days(I moved to a new place) was not registerd so I just sent a letter of my landlord stating we lived there she was not registed, a couple months ago I moved to a new place so I sent them a letter informing them about that and I attached the contract and utility bills in the name of both of us, they never asked for more papers.

The first time we applied we sent many photos of our wedding (the cake, the guests, family, ceremony, etc) so I think that was enough to proof them our relation is real : )

I wish both of you good luck with your application, if you provide everything they ask things will go fine.

ps: I waited for 5 months and 3 weeks

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 am

I'm still waiting. I sumbitted my application as the unmarried partner of an EU national about 1.5 months ago, so I'd say I have some time to wait yet. My temp Stamp 4 is good until the beginning of August.

Question: I know they ask to send in more documents if things change, do this include if the non-eu applicant takes up employment? My partner isn't working, but she is registered with FAS as she is seeking employment. She is also Freelancing, but she it's making much on it and has no accountants letter. However, she completed her junior and leaving cert here, so she and her parents have been using their treaty rights for nearly 13 years.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. Congrats to those who have received a positive response and good luck to all who are still waiting.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Kabuki

I dont think you have to tell DOJ that you are in employment, I think they are more concerned with EU citizen.

I am soon to be in exact same situation as u, although I am EU citizen and soon to apply for it for my partner.

Just wondering, how long have u been with your partner? and did u submit any extras other than asked in the application? And what was your status when u applied?

Good luck and hope we receive positive responses :)

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm

I went today to the GNIB to register with the letter where its stated that the permission has been granted for 5 years, in the letter also was stated that if my passport expires before the 5 years the permission will be granted until that day and when I renew my passport I can go to the GNIB and they will extend it.

Today I got the GNIB card until Jan 2012(when my passport expires) and the stamp on my passport as well, I kept the letter of the permission granted for 5 years. My only concern is if when I go to renew again stamp with the new passport lets say 2 month before it expires, they will really extend it ? Does someone know if this is a normal practice? I don't have any problem with going again but I just want to know if this is common and if this is according to the laws.

Thank you!

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 am

Success!!!!!
Today I received a letter from DOJ: "I wish to inform you that your application for a review has been successful...Your Residence Card will be valid for a five-year period"
I applied for a card as EU citizen spouse in March 2009 and in September 2009 was refused because didn`t have PRTB letter. I asked for a review. Then my spouse lost a job and we sent a letter to DOJ about that with a letter from FAS and Social Welfare.
A week ago my spouse found a job and i was going to inform DOJ about that, but they were faster! :)))
Good luck to everyone!

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:03 pm

boxbo wrote:Success!!!!!
Today I received a letter from DOJ: "I wish to inform you that your application for a review has been successful...Your Residence Card will be valid for a five-year period"
I applied for a card as EU citizen spouse in March 2009 and in September 2009 was refused because didn`t have PRTB letter. I asked for a review. Then my spouse lost a job and we sent a letter to DOJ about that with a letter from FAS and Social Welfare.
A week ago my spouse found a job and i was going to inform DOJ about that, but they were faster! :)))
Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations boxbo, delighted for ya!! How long did your review process take? Did you involve a solicitor? :)

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Monifé wrote:Hi Kabuki

I dont think you have to tell DOJ that you are in employment, I think they are more concerned with EU citizen.

I am soon to be in exact same situation as u, although I am EU citizen and soon to apply for it for my partner.

Just wondering, how long have u been with your partner? and did u submit any extras other than asked in the application? And what was your status when u applied?

Good luck and hope we receive positive responses :)
Hi. At the time we submitted our application, we were together for 2 years and 4 months, now 2.5 years. I was not always in Ireland either. I came here for four months on a work and travel visa, and during that time I secured a position as a Trainee account; however, I was unable to switch visa while in the country, and my start date wasn't until Sept, so I had to leave. I spent the summer in the Netherlands, where my partner is from, working as an au pair before returning to Ireland on a Stamp 1A (trainee accountant) visa. I was still on that when my application was submitted.

We submitted everything we could think of, especially since we weren't always residing together. I included my contract of employment, which was posted to my partner's address, where I stayed when in Ireland (but I wasn't on the lease) to show we resided together when I was in Ireland and used her address when I wasn't in Ireland. I also submitted detailed phone bills, showing we made lengthy calls regularly (from the States and the Netherlands). I also submitted travel documents (trains, flights, hotels) which I purchased and had both of our names listed. I also sumbitted our current lease (1 yr 3 mo) and our PRTBs. We had family and friend write letters, and we wrote our own letters as well. We also submitted pictures of us with family in friends in Ireland and abroad. We literally looked for any document to prove our relationship and sent it.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask here or pm me.

Best of luck!

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Monifé wrote:
boxbo wrote:Success!!!!!
Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations boxbo, delighted for ya!! How long did your review process take? Did you involve a solicitor? :)
Review took just 6 months (seems they were just waiting untill the end of half a year!)
I didn`t go to a private solicitor, but I went to many ligal advise clinices to ask about my case.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:33 pm

congrats ,,,gud newss
hello boxbo, i just wondering wat kind of letter did u sent from fas and s welfare,,,,,,,? pls help

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 am

hi everyone, I'm an Irish citizen working in the UK with my non-EEA national wife. She just received her EU Reisdence Card for the UK, valid from March 2010 to March 2015. We plan to move to Ireland in Sept 2011 when my work contract is finished. When we move, we are going to apply for a Stamp 4 EUFam, on the basis that I am an Irish citizen who has been excercising my treaty rights in another EU Member State.

As far as I can tell, the steps involved are as follows:

1. Apply for a single trip, long stay visa, to join spouse to enter Ireland
2. Once in the State, apply with EU1 for Stamp 4 EUFam. When they send us the receipt of application, we go to the local Garda District HQ, and ask for Garda Registration Card
3. Keep renewing the Residence, as required until she's got enough stamps to apply for citizenship.

Have I gotten it right? Or left anything out?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:43 am

doesnotcompute wrote:1. Apply for a single trip, long stay visa, to join spouse to enter Ireland
Yep think that parts fine.
doesnotcompute wrote:2. Once in the State, apply with EU1 for Stamp 4 EUFam. When they send us the receipt of application, we go to the local Garda District HQ, and ask for Garda Registration Card
Yes, apply to INIS EU Treaty Rights section with form EU1, once your issued with acknowledgement of receipt of application, they will give you a letter to go to GNIB and your wife will be given a 6 month temporary stamp 4, (6 months because that is how long it should take to process your application) Your wife will get a card, but it is only temporary until they approve your application.

This is the EU Treaty Rights page of INIS
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

and this is the page regarding what documents you need to submit with the application http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000033

Retain all your documents from UK proving your relationship and your residence there, lease, bills, bank accounts etc with both names on.
doesnotcompute wrote:3. Keep renewing the Residence, as required until she's got enough stamps to apply for citizenship.
Once approved, they should issue your wife with a 5 year stamp 4EUFAM. She will get a residence card, and this will be stated on it. After that you can apply for a Permanent Residence Card for your wife and then she can also apply for citizenship at the same time.

Good luck :)

boxbo
Newly Registered

Post by boxbo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:56 pm

iluvireland wrote:congrats ,,,gud newss
hello boxbo, i just wondering wat kind of letter did u sent from fas and s welfare,,,,,,,? pls help
I sent a letter from FAS that my spouse is reg.there and from welfare about how much are they paying to my spouse and for how long. Moreover, we sent all work history of my spouse for the last 2 years( P60s and P45s) and emails proving that my partner was applying for jobs and had few interviews.