ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR issue , Need to Clarify Before Leaving to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR issue , Need to Clarify Before Leaving to UK

Post by waheed » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi All Senior and expert Forum Members,

I am in a perplex and need guidance from seniors to avoid any troubles in the UK.

I applied for HSMP when rules where qualifying criteria was 65 points and my claim was 85 points.

Following is my time line.

HSMP Application-------------------------02-Sep-06
Refusal of HSMP Application -------------29-Dec-06
Refusal of HSMP Review-----------------03-Apr-07
Application for Review -------------------19-Jun-07
HSMP Approval Letter -------------------13-Jul-07
Applied for EC-----------------------------29-Oct-07
EC Refused--------------------------------01-Nov-07
Appealed----------------------------------05-Dec-07
Hearing Date -----------------------------11-Sep-09
Determination Letter---------------------30-Sep-09
Call in Letter------------------------------19-Nov-09
Applied for EC-----------------------------04-Dec-09
Reprint of HSMP Letter-------------------15-Feb-09
Issued Visa-------------------------------05-Mar-10

I want to know that after 3 years of HSMP visa ending in March 2013, what will be the criteria for getting Further leave to remain.

Which rules will be applicable on me.
Migrants who applied to the highly skilled migrant programme between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006

This page explains the arrangements we have put in place for migrants who:

--received an HSMP approval letter on the basis of an application submitted between 3 April 2006 and 7 November 2006, and obtained entry clearance or permission to stary in the United Kingdom (also called 'leave to remain' or LtR) on the basis of that letter;
--have completed at least five years' continuous residence in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category; and want to apply to settle in the United Kingdom.

You fall into this group if:

---you were initially granted entry clearance or permission to stay in the United Kingdom for two years under the HSMP requirements; and

--- you then extended that initial permission by a further three years (unless you had already completed sufficient continuous residence in a different immigration route which can be amalgamated for settlement purposes).
I am granted UK Visa of 3 years, but the rule above mentions that it should for 2 years.

How much earning I have to show to qualify for the extension?

Assuming earnings of 45,000 + per anum will give me 45 points , still I will be unable to score 75 points and qualify for HSMP extension.

Hope some expert will guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Waheed

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:44 pm

FLR should be granted in accordance with HSMP Forum Ltd judicial review: policy document.

regards

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks Sir,

Extremely thankful for the reply and information. I am literally confused to read the documents on the net available and want to bang my head.

Will be extremely thankful if you can guide me about the FLR process that will be applicable on me.

Please can u also guide me as to what will the minimum amount I have to earn so that my HSMP extension (FLR) is approved?

75 + points criteria will be applicable to me.

I will be extremely extremely to you for this help.

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Still waiting for some one to explain me in detail.

Help/Guidance will be appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:58 pm

The extension test that existed before 7 November 2006 required migrants to show that they had made all efforts to become lawfully economically active in the United Kingdom.

That's all the evidence needed ... you don't need to score 75 points for your extension.

regards

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 pm

You only need to show that you are economically active - even if you do basic jobs etc. You are not required to earn specific amount to get points for earnings.

You will get special treatment while applying ILR/Citizenship. Thanks to HSMP Forum.

One very very very important thing is to keep all letters safe including acknowledgement from HO when first time they received your application.

Happy Days!

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Opps sushdmehta also replied at the same time

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta nd Sky_High for the reply.

I have posted my time lines above

1) I want to know which date will be considered by the HO

HSMP Application-------------------------02 September 2006 or
HSMP Approval Letter -------------------13-July 2007

as

HSMP FORUM LTD JUDICIAL REVIEW POLICY DOCUMENT

Covers migrants who:

a. Received a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) approval letter
issued under the requirements in place before 7 November 2006;

b. Were granted Entry Clearance or an Extension of Stay on the basis of that
letter; and

Keeping in view the above explanation, I filed my application around September 2006 but got the HSMP approval letter after 2 reviews on July 13, 2007.

2) The reprint of the HSMP letter I got on 15 February 2010 and is vallid for 6 months but has the same reference number as on the first HSMP refusal letter. I have to leave within the expiry of that letter i.e 15 August 2010.

3) When latest I can leave for UK so that I can Get extension without any problem.

Thanks to all who have helped me in guiding me.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:18 am

waheed wrote:I want to know which date will be considered by the HO
HSMP Application-------------------------02 September 2006

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks Sir Sushdmehta for the clarification.

Another the problem is I applied the initial HSMP application through a local consultant and I don't have the acknowledgement received by the HO for my initial application as said by Sky_High
One very very very important thing is to keep all letters safe including acknowledgement from HO when first time they received your application.
Can I write to HO office to send me the copy of that acknowledgement?
Seniors advice will be appreciated.

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Still waiting for seniors reply regarding the copy of the acknowledgemnt of the HSMP application.

I also want to know

1) What documents are needed at the time of departure in Pakistan? My TB Certificate is going to expire in start of June and plan to leave during the same period. Should I have to go for new TB Tests ? Oh my god it will be third time.

2) How much pounds we can take with us in cash and at the airport we have to tell them tat we are carrying this much amount?

3) Which airline to use ? Which is the cheapest ? Should I go for one way or return ticket? What luggage to take and how much is allowed?

4) What documents are needed at the time of landing in the UK?

5) What will happen at the airport, what checks they will do, what question they can ask?

6) After clearing we can go any where in the UK and where ever we go , do we have to register there?

7)What are the initial steps one must do just after landing in the UK? How and from where to NI number?

8 -What are the requirements to open a bank account?

9) How to obtain a driving license?

10) How my daughter will get admission in the school? What will be the procedure?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Seniors / experienced members please reply.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:12 pm

waheed wrote:Seniors / experienced members please reply.
If you missed noticing, this is a forum related to immigration topics. For non-immigration queries, try internet or another forum appropriate for your queries.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:13 pm

waheed wrote:Can I write to HO office to send me the copy of that acknowledgement?
You may. But be assured that your request will not be entertained.

regards

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Can I write to HO office to send me the copy of that acknowledgement?
You may. But be assured that your request will not be entertained.

I requested my consultant and they gave me the copy of the acknowledgment from the Home Office.
If you missed noticing, this is a forum related to immigration topics. For non-immigration queries, try internet or another forum appropriate for your queries.

Yes I know that this is immigration related forum my queries are those related to the indirectly related to the immigration process.
following are my queries and again they will be extremely helpful for me and all those leaving to UK

1) What documents are needed at the time of departure in Pakistan? My TB Certificate is going to expire in start of June and plan to leave during the same period. Should I have to go for new TB Tests ? Oh my god it will be third time.

2) How much pounds we can take with us in cash and at the airport we have to tell them tat we are carrying this much amount?

3) What documents are needed at the time of landing in the UK?

4) What will happen at the airport, what checks they will do, what question they can ask?

5) After clearing we can go any where in the UK and where ever we go , do we have to register there?

6)What are the initial steps one must do just after landing in the UK? How and from where to get NHS & NI number?

7) What are the requirements to open a bank account?

8-How to obtain a driving license?

9) How my daughter will get admission in the school? What will be the procedure?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 pm

My Passport going to expire in August 2010 I plan to fly in start june 2010

Should I renew my passport from Pakistan or from the UK? What's the procedure/charges for of renewing the passport in UK

Regards

Waheed

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm

waheed wrote:My Passport going to expire in August 2010 I plan to fly in start june 2010

Should I renew my passport from Pakistan or from the UK? What's the procedure/charges for of renewing the passport in UK

Regards

Waheed
It is upto you whether you want to renew your passport in UK or Pakistan.
Not sure about the procedures and charges.

Check the link

http://www.pakmission-uk.gov.pk/HC/index.asp

mianrm

Renewing Passport

Post by mianrm » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:21 am

Hi

1- Just get yourself a Chest X-Ray and keep it handy at the airport they need to check it.

2- Driving license you need to pass written test and then driving test for get UK full driving test. BUT if you have International Driving Licence then you can use it for 1 year from the date of your landing.

regards