ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning Calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Previous Earning Calculation

Post by avatar10 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

I have gone through various posts regarding the same, but still confused.
Like most of the other posts, I was on work permit ICT and got UK allowances Per Diem and Indian Salary.

Pls note: My work permit visa was expired 2.5 months back and I am working in india for last 2.5 months and planning to apply from India.

Q1) Can I use uplift ratio for all the 12 months ( 9.5 months I was in the UK ) for my Indian Salary and i) Not considering UK allowance ii) Not claiming for UK experience
Is this accepted ?

or

Q2) Should I convert 9.5 months of INR salary to GBP and add it GBP allowance + uplifting 2.5 months INR and also claim 5 points for UK experience if required.

Please advise.

GeneNZ

Re: Previous Earning Calculation

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:39 pm

avatar10 wrote:I have gone through various posts regarding the same, but still confused.
Like most of the other posts, I was on work permit ICT and got UK allowances Per Diem and Indian Salary.

Pls note: My work permit visa was expired 2.5 months back and I am working in india for last 2.5 months and planning to apply from India.

Q1) Can I use uplift ratio for all the 12 months ( 9.5 months I was in the UK ) for my Indian Salary and i) Not considering UK allowance ii) Not claiming for UK experience
Is this accepted ?

or

Q2) Should I convert 9.5 months of INR salary to GBP and add it GBP allowance + uplifting 2.5 months INR and also claim 5 points for UK experience if required.

Please advise.
Use uplift ratio of 1 for the amount earned while PHYSICALLY in the UK. So if you were in the UK for 9.5 months, you use multiplier of 1. For the rest of the time you were physically earning in india, you use a multiplier of 5.3. It's all dependent on where you were physically earning the money.