ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Visa - travelling after 18 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhishek0909
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Visa - travelling after 18 months

Post by abhishek0909 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi,

I got the tier 1(G) Visa issued 18 months back but could not travel to UK.

If I want to travel to UK now, Do I require any clearance from the consultate.

Hope somebody can provide useful information on this.

Thanks!!

GeneNZ

Re: Tier 1 (General) Visa - travelling after 18 months

Post by GeneNZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 pm

abhishek0909 wrote:Hi,

I got the tier 1(G) Visa issued 18 months back but could not travel to UK.

If I want to travel to UK now, Do I require any clearance from the consultate.

Hope somebody can provide useful information on this.

Thanks!!
You can travel to UK anytime, provided your visa isn't expired. Apprantly (as people on this board have said), you may get questioned at the airport, but in general it should be fine.

srinivas009
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) Visa - travelling after 18 months

Post by srinivas009 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:59 am

Hi

It won't be of any issue if you are travelling with a valid visa. I travelled after 15months I got visa stamped.

As it is the first time you would be travelling on this visa they would be asking few questions like:
Why are travelling so late?
What is your next action?
Do you have any Job offer, Interview schedule?

So, its better to carry your resume with some Job ads for you profile. Tell them that you had few interview calls but they wanted you to be present in UK personally.
Also if questioned, tell them you have enough funds for next 6months to support yourself.

Hope this helps...

Srinivas

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:45 pm

hi,
question: will he get the extension HSMP after 2 years? also will ILR be considered ?

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote:hi,
question: will he get the extension HSMP after 2 years? also will ILR be considered ?

thanks
Yes, if he manages to get a job and gets enough points to qualify. His ILR clock will start from the time he entered UK.

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:43 am

another Q plz:-
if he did not get a job, however he maintained 800 GBP or 2800 GBP for his 6 remaining months before the extension HSMP visa, will he get the extension or he needs to have huge earning?

also I have properties from the country i am from which generating for me 5000 GBP monthly, will this be consider as my earning while i am in UK? i will transfer the 5000GBP into my UK account on monthly basis.

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:44 am

fawzyyy3 wrote:another Q plz:-
if he did not get a job, however he maintained 800 GBP or 2800 GBP for his 6 remaining months before the extension HSMP visa, will he get the extension or he needs to have huge earning?

also I have properties from the country i am from which generating for me 5000 GBP monthly, will this be consider as my earning while i am in UK? i will transfer the 5000GBP into my UK account on monthly basis.

thanks
Suggest you go through the policy guidance and know what are all the requirement for extension.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:41 am

thanks for the link, just one question:
the extension will be for 3 years visa?

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

fawzyyy3 wrote:thanks for the link, just one question:
the extension will be for 3 years visa?

thanks
If your initial visa is for 2 yrs then the extension will be of 3 yrs. If your initial visa is for 3 yrs then the extension will be for 2 yrs.

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:17 am

thanks for valuable information, say for example an applicant got Tier1 (general) visa for 2 years on today. then after 2 years, the applicant wants to apply for extension (he did not get a job in UK, but depending on his savings) the questions are:-
1) his age at the time of extension is 37 years, how many point will he gain?
2) he got cash more than 40000+ GBP in his home country, and will transfer the cash to his UK bank account before 12 months of visa expired, will this be valid for earning

3) he maintain 800GBP funds for more than 3 months, will he get 10 points?

conclusion is: if the applicant did not get the job while he is in UK for 2 years, however he got saving , will this be valid for extension ?

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 am

fawzyyy3 wrote:thanks for valuable information, say for example an applicant got Tier1 (general) visa for 2 years on today. then after 2 years, the applicant wants to apply for extension (he did not get a job in UK, but depending on his savings) the questions are:-
1) his age at the time of extension is 37 years, how many point will he gain?
2) he got cash more than 40000+ GBP in his home country, and will transfer the cash to his UK bank account before 12 months of visa expired, will this be valid for earning

3) he maintain 800GBP funds for more than 3 months, will he get 10 points?

conclusion is: if the applicant did not get the job while he is in UK for 2 years, however he got saving , will this be valid for extension ?

thanks
The intention of the tier 1 visa is that you should get a job and contribute to the economy. That is the reason why you get points for your earnings. If you do not have a job, how will you claim points for previous earnings? Without claiming points for previous earnings you will not qualify to apply for extension. Simple!!!

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:39 am

ok, understood now. does the job needs to match my qualifications? i mean can i work as security guard while my qualification is IT engineer?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:17 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote:ok, understood now. does the job needs to match my qualifications? i mean can i work as security guard while my qualification is IT engineer?
I think the HO is not too fussy about the kind of job one does as long as they can prove their income from 2 different sources.

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:28 pm

hi,
can 1 of the source of income be from outside of UK? overseas properties for example? this income also will be transferred on monthly basis to my UK bank account.

thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 pm

fawzyyy3 wrote:hi,
can 1 of the source of income be from outside of UK? overseas properties for example? this income also will be transferred on monthly basis to my UK bank account.

thanks
I did not mean the income should be from two different sources, the proof of income should be from two different sources. If you can take some time to read the policy guidance carefully a few times, you will get answers to all your questions.

124. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;

fawzyyy3

HSMP

Post by fawzyyy3 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

hi,
what does it mean this statement, I have overseas property which generating good money for me and support me , will this be consider ? I am full time employed and got property (6 flats building) and renting to people.

income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;

thanks