ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Studying while on Tier 1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rackspace

Studying while on Tier 1 Visa

Post by rackspace » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:20 am

Can I study part time while I am on Tier 1 Visa?
And will I have to pay international student fee for the course or home student fee?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Studying while on Tier 1 Visa

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:30 am

rackspace wrote:Can I study part time while I am on Tier 1 Visa?
And will I have to pay international student fee for the course or home student fee?
I think you can study part time on Tier 1 Visa and would have to pay international fee. Below links might be of help.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... i.php#box3

http://intsupport.glam.ac.uk/non-tier-4/

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am

URGENT

I am planning to study a full time course alongside my full time work. It requires two full [week] days attendance. My annual pay, which qualified me for Tier 1, remains the same.

Also, it is related to my employment and my employer is funding it.

Is there any problem?......Seniors please?

demur123

Post by demur123 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:11 am

You are not allowed to work to full time on tier1 visa. You have to apply for tier4 visa to study fulltime
confusedhsmp wrote:URGENT

I am planning to study a full time course alongside my full time work. It requires two full [week] days attendance. My annual pay, which qualified me for Tier 1, remains the same.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 am

demur123 wrote:You are not allowed to work to full time on tier1 visa. You have to apply for tier4 visa to study fulltime

How can you say that? any reference.

Seniors - Push, Chetan ...please!

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:53 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:
demur123 wrote:You are not allowed to work to full time on tier1 visa. You have to apply for tier4 visa to study fulltime

How can you say that? any reference.

Seniors - Push, Chetan ...please!
I thought as long as you satisfy the Tier 1 Criteria you can study full time. It is not affecting the amount of tax you pay.
Anyways, waiting for seniors to shed some light on it.
all is well that ends well

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Seniors - Can we study fulltime on Tier 1?

This is where I am:

1. It is directly related to my work
2. My employer is sponsoring it
3. I only have to attend the institution for two (full) days a week
4. My earnings remain the same. (Salary same)

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 pm

I don't think this is true. If it were, there would be a clear restriction in the visa/printed rules.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 am

ukswus wrote:

I don't think this is true. If it were, there would be a clear restriction in the visa/printed rules.
Furthermore Tier1 HSM cannot switch in to Tier4 anyway.

See:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... a-sponsors

SENIORS!!!!

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 am

It is wierd but i did not realize that 2 weeks of study would require this consideraton. In my personal opinion, all you are doing is attending a 2-week job-oriented training and that should not treated equivalent to 'full time' study. But then again, i am not a lawyer ..so what do i know :lol:
confusedhsmp wrote:
ukswus wrote:

See:

SENIORS!!!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 am

buzz_dilli wrote:It is wierd but i did not realize that 2 weeks of study would require this consideraton. In my personal opinion, all you are doing is attending a 2-week job-oriented training and that should not treated equivalent to 'full time' study. But then again, i am not a lawyer ..so what do i know :lol:
confusedhsmp wrote:
ukswus wrote:

See:

SENIORS!!!!
Confusedhsmp has not mentioned that it is a 2 week programme. He said the course required him to attend 2 full weekdays every week.