ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Batley - Application Submitted Kingston Jamaica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesignChick
BANNED

Batley - Application Submitted Kingston Jamaica

Post by DesignChick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am

Hi Batley, I've submitted my huge application for my spouse visa here in
kingston.
I'm praying that all of the good advice was not in vain. God's willing I'll have my visa soon.
I will let you know the outcome, I paid for the new priority service, in which they process the applications in four (4) weeks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 am

Good luck 2u.Keeping fingers crossed 4u

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 pm

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 am

Batley I got the visa today!!!! :lol: The ECO called my husband yesterday and asked a few questions, and today I saw the update on the website to pick up documents and then got a call to pick up.

I picked up my docs looked in my passport and there it was and with the KOL REQ endorsement. I would really like to thank you for all your sound advice, and will keep checking the site to see if anyone needs advice in regards to the Kingston HC. I will also be asking questions about applying for the ILR when I get to the UK in June!!!

Thanks again.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 am

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:D :) :? 8) :wink: :P

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Batley,

I'm baaaaaack..... I'm now planning for my ILR application when I get to the UK in June. I have the KOL REQ endorsement on my visa. I know I have to take the KOL test, what application form do I fill in and what documents do I supply? I went to the UKBA website but was not sure.

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Woh..... slow down. You are not even in the UK yet.

When you do arrive here you have got 2 yrs to make sure you collate everything for your ILR application. Anything can happen between now and then.

So get here first, enjoy what UK have to offer and near enough time, come and ask me what you require and will need to do to get ILR.

Read the posts on the ILR forum, if you want to know what procedure/fees etc are at the moment :)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

I suspect, although i am open to being corrected, that the OP has obtain a Spousal visa, which will allow her an ILE, if she is in receipt of a Successful KOL UK test.

She seem to have been in a relationship with his spouse for 4 years or more, and hence obtained that visa, which is different from the 27 month Spousal Visa, in which the holder will be placed on a 24 months probation before qualification.

I think the endorsement will say, ILE KOL required.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Yes my visa says KOL REQ, which I understood allows me to take the test as soon as I arrive in the UK and apply for the ILR.