ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rng1234
Newly Registered

Proof of ILR

Post by rng1234 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Hi everyone - please could you tell me what documentation one receives upon a successful ILR application.

Does the Home office send a letter confirming the ILR status or is the only proof the stamp on the passport, or both?

Many thanks

vinseh

Re: Proof of ILR

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:44 pm

rng1234 wrote:Hi everyone - please could you tell me what documentation one receives upon a successful ILR application.

Does the Home office send a letter confirming the ILR status or is the only proof the stamp on the passport, or both?

Many thanks
yes they send a letter confirming that the ILR has been granted along with a ILR vignette on the passport. They also send a leaflet containing info on ILR.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi Vinseh,
i specifically asked my case worker for an ILR letter, she said they do not give out such a letter and gave me one which said that ' further leave to remain' has been granted; along with a ILR leaflet( which actually says that this is not confirmation of ILR but only an explanatory leaflet.
Can anyone send me a copy of ILR letter they have received?
Many thanks
best regards

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:45 pm

gidoc wrote:Hi Vinseh,
i specifically asked my case worker for an ILR letter, she said they do not give out such a letter and gave me one which said that ' further leave to remain' has been granted; along with a ILR leaflet( which actually says that this is not confirmation of ILR but only an explanatory leaflet.
Can anyone send me a copy of ILR letter they have received?
Many thanks
best regards
hi gidoc,

that's correct the letter only says that they are returning the enclosed pp with an extension of stay in the UK.

Furthermore, it says in bold - PLEASE READ THE ENDORSEMENT(S) CAREFULLY, which I guess is self explanatory since they have our status in their records and we have the confirmation on our PPs. And it also says - 'for some cases types a leaflet may be enclosed giving details of the condition of stay.'

Again, the leaflet on its own doesn't confer the ILR but when given along with the PPs endorsed with the ILR vignette, provides the relevant info related with the type of leave granted.

Hope it helps :)

by the way, did I congratulate you on getting your ILR? if not, well done mate :) congrats!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:57 am

Thanks vinseh,
Yes, all this is correct.
However I have noted that HSMP JR 4yr, have had ILR letters issued.
Anyway,my point is that apart from the vignette in the PP there is no other proof, having paid a hefty fee for this service, we get no formal ILR granted letter.
In all previous leaves, they always mentioned the category, except for now with ILR. This mean that anytime one has to submit proof of ILR, the passport has to be submitted.
best regards

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 am

well yeah, for the purpose of employment or mortgage/credit etc you've got to show the copy/original pp but if ever questioned by any ukba staff anywhere even if you give your details verbally they should be able to check the immigration status on that little gadget they carry.

so don't lose sleep over it, nothing to worry about...just be cool hehe :)

and re ilr letters issued to hsmp (jr) guys, i guess that's because it states the ilr being backdated etc...so...