ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mad

Post by mad » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi! Ghandi,

I was in exactly the same boat as you. But my approval came on 23rd of March. Most of my friends that applied around sept 2006 have been told that there files are with the minister. Some of them have been approved. Until 2 days before approval I was being told that my Garda report was not back and other misleading things. So hang in there you would get your approval soon. Also tell me when was the last time you spoke with them? If you haven't called them lately maybe it's time to get an update.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 pm

mad wrote:Hi! Ghandi,

I was in exactly the same boat as you. But my approval came on 23rd of March. Most of my friends that applied around sept 2006 have been told that there files are with the minister. Some of them have been approved. Until 2 days before approval I was being told that my Garda report was not back and other misleading things. So hang in there you would get your approval soon. Also tell me when was the last time you spoke with them? If you haven't called them lately maybe it's time to get an update.
Thank You very much for your encouraging reply.
The phone lines of Citizenship are closed. I have spoken with my TD and he has written a letter for update. I don't know whether this is going to work or not.

Anyways TY.

mad

Post by mad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Ghandi,

I know the feeling. I wrote a letter to them and they responded. So I think you must write to them yourself asking for an update mate.

Cheers,

mad

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am

9jeirean wrote:
mad wrote:Guy, I have been made redundant as of today. As you guys know my approval letter came on the 23rd of March. I have an offer of a job in the UK but they would only recognise my Irish qualifications if I am from the EU. My oath is on the 15th of April. I want to know is there some way that my cert could be expedited? Can I tell INIS this?
I do not think it would be smart to notify INIS of your plans to leave the state. Remember part of he condition for granting your citizenship is continuous residency in Ireland. Also remember that your citizenship does not take effect until the minister signs your CoN. You don't want to give him a reason not to.

You may write INIS of your intention to travel on an urgent trip and the need to have the cert to process your passport asap. While you are at that, you may write to the UK company to grant you a few months permission before starting. You may state family relocation arrangement as a reason. Most companies hiring international candidates should be that reasonable/flexible.

Good luck mate and please come back if you can find another job in Ireland in the future.

9j
Hi Mad,

Just a quick update. My cert came in the post today. Took only 3 weeks. It looks like the process is moving faster now. Good luck mate

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

mad

Post by mad » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Great to hear this my friend. Good luck with getting a passport soon.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Collecting me passport tomorrow...and confirmed...:)-

Nana (the Girl to Bitch)

mad wrote:Great to hear this my friend. Good luck with getting a passport soon.

mad

Post by mad » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Job finished Nana. Congrats. How long did it take ya to get a cert and the passport?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 pm

mad wrote:Job finished Nana. Congrats. How long did it take ya to get a cert and the passport?

Cert like a month and half
Passport is 6 days

Nana (The girl to bitch)

mad

Post by mad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:28 pm

Brilliant job nana. Did you apply for passport in person or through post? 6 days is quick. Thanks for informing me.

yelims

Post by yelims » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 pm

ok nearly forgot to report back here

got the passport 2 weeks ago (and just cameback from trip)

so time-line (check my previous posts for more details i cant think top of my head since the whole thing so freaking long)

* applied (2nd time) in july/august 2006
* oath 1st december 2009
* passport cert received 1st march 2010
* passport received (passport express me rear) 24th-25th march 2010

so thats what 43-44 months :shock:

hopefully things would move faster now, 2 of my close relations are still waiting...

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm

mad wrote:Hi! Ghandi,

I SPOKE TO INIS AT END OF FEB 2010, SHE SPOKE TO ME AND SAID WAITING FOR GUARD REPORT AND ADVISED ME TO SPEAK TO YOUR TD.After few days i rang again,Another lady didn't give me update but said 1-2 weeks time application will be forwarded and my application and my wife's are together.Idont who is right and after that phones lines have been closed.Tension is building and thing have slowed down and you have no controle

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Got me passport today.....finally.

My timeline:

applied for citizenship on aug 2007
additional docs in feb 2009
Approved at the end of Nov 2009
Sent docs + 950 on the 23rd of december 2009
Re-sent Birth certificate because name of misspelled on first week of Jan 2010
Received Cert mid March 2010
Applied for Passport on 31 of March 2010
Collected passport today 07th April 2010

Nana (The Girl to bitch)

mad

Post by mad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Ghandi the other lady is right. Don't worry your application is with the minister. You will receive letter by the end of the month. The same thing happened to me and the same woman turned out to be a liar. Just wait till 1st week of may and you will be sorted. The woman who is constantly lying and advising you to talk to your TD would one day face the consequences of her actions.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 am

mad wrote:Ghandi the other lady is right. Don't worry your application is with the minister. You will receive letter by the end of the month. The same thing happened to me and the same woman turned out to be a liar. Just wait till 1st week of may and you will be sorted. The woman who is constantly lying and advising you to talk to your TD would one day face the consequences of her actions.
HI MAD, THANKS. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATE

mad

Post by mad » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 am

Ghandi, a very close of mine sent his application in Sept 06. His file was sent to the minister on the 22nd of February. Note I submitted my application 3 weeks before him and my application was sent to the minister in early February and was approved on the 23 rd March. He is still waiting to get a response. so I think you also applied close to my time and you would get approval in a couple of weeks or so.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Gandhai wrote:
mad wrote:Ghandi the other lady is right. Don't worry your application is with the minister. You will receive letter by the end of the month. The same thing happened to me and the same woman turned out to be a liar. Just wait till 1st week of may and you will be sorted. The woman who is constantly lying and advising you to talk to your TD would one day face the consequences of her actions.
Hey Gandhai,

No reason why they dont give you citizenship if you are qualified.
Dont worry, you would receive soon.
Approaching TD is working for most of them, I dont know how far they can direct the GARDA officials to speed up the criminal report.

Friend of mine approached TD and result was quick enough and I really dont know whether its coincidence or these TD's actually ringing and asking on applicants behalf. nevertheless, nothing wrong in meeting a TD and giving details.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi Nana,

Congrats. Quick question please ,
i) passport how did you apply (did you use passport express or went in person to dublin office)???
ii) And did you collect in person or they sent by post?
iii) if collected in person is there a huge queue or soemthing ?

Any advice be of great help. Need to apply for passport for infant.

Regards
Tiggs

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:56 pm

mad wrote:Ghandi, a very close of mine sent his application in Sept 06. His file was sent to the minister on the 22nd of February. Note I submitted my application 3 weeks before him and my application was sent to the minister in early February and was approved on the 23 rd March. He is still waiting to get a response. so I think you also applied close to my time and you would get approval in a couple of weeks or so.
Hi Mad,

I spoke to the secretary of my TD and she said "They have not received any replies from DOJ yet."

mad

Post by mad » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi Ghandi,

Well I suggest that you write to DOJ yourself for an update. In my case they responded within a day or two.

crown

Post by crown » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007

DOJ - Temporary arrangements for telephone helpline services
We are unable to provide Immigration, Citizenship or Visa helpline services at the present time. However, if you have an urgent query, please submit it in writing to the contact address indicated on the relevant section of this website.

Should you wish to contact this Office by email, please ensure that you include your full postal address as, for the present, email enquiries are being responded to by post. This disruption is very much regretted.

neo725
Newly Registered

Citizenship helpline services

Post by neo725 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 am

crown wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007

We are unable to provide Immigration, Citizenship or Visa helpline services at the present time. However, if you have an urgent query, please submit it in writing to the contact address indicated on the relevant section of this website.

Should you wish to contact this Office by email, please ensure that you include your full postal address as, for the present, email enquiries are being responded to by post. This disruption is very much regretted.
I can imagine how much time they get used to spend to deal with all that useless phone calls!!! It was a right decision to switch the phone-line off now may be they will have more time to process an application forms.
People do not disturb them by writing - LET THEM DO THEIR DUTIES!!!

9jeirean

Re: Citizenship helpline services

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:31 am

neo725 wrote:
crown wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP10000007

I can imagine how much time they get used to spend to deal with all that useless phone calls!!! It was a right decision to switch the phone-line off now may be they will have more time to process an application forms.
People do not disturb them by writing - LET THEM DO THEIR DUTIES!!!
It would be nice if shutting down the helpline would improve turnaround time wouldn't it. But Knowing INIS I doubt very much that's the intention. This is most likely due to the ongoing work to rule shenanigans. The helpline only operates 5 hours a week as it were. This thing is no rocket science, replying an email by regular post is hardly the way to improve efficiency by any measure, is it?

But hey, I hope you are right. Let's wait and see

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:30 pm

mad wrote:Hi Ghandi,

Well I suggest that you write to DOJ yourself for an update. In my case they responded within a day or two.
Hi Mad,
I got my approval letter today by ordinary post
.Oath on Wednesday.Marathon over. thanks for your encouragement and support .It took 42 months and im still waiting for my wife although i was told that our applications are together.She applied 3 months after me.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Gandhai wrote:
mad wrote:Hi Ghandi,

Hi Mad,
I got my approval letter today by ordinary post
.Oath on Wednesday.Marathon over. thanks for your encouragement and support .It took 42 months and im still waiting for my wife although i was told that our applications are together.She applied 3 months after me.
Congratulations man!! Happy for you !

Deception-shy

Re: Citizenship helpline services

Post by Deception-shy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:48 pm

People do not disturb them by writing - LET THEM DO THEIR DUTIES!!![/quote]

I dont call them USELESS Calls, many of them who are in the last leg of processing would know the status and if they need to update any document like "Social Welfare", they can do it by talking to the helpline.

More over only one person would be handling all calls on Tuesday's and Thursday's and it wouldn't disturb their work with these calls from people in despair.