ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR - Got the details but some missing information

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gd_chandrasekar

SAR - Got the details but some missing information

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi

I came to UK in Aug 2005 thru Work Permit valid untill Dec 2007, went back to India in July 2006 and came back imm in Sept 2006 in NEW work permit and new Entry clearance visa valid until Dec 2008. Then I shifted to anothr company in UK who sponsered NEW workpermit, since i was in UK I applied for FLR. Then got my own HSMP and recently extended to Tier 1.

I recently applied for SAR asking my immigration history, I clearly mention when I came to UK first and also my first Work Permit number thru which I entered UK.

Today I received my SAR file. I was surprised by the details, becuase they sent my a copy of original HSMP application, HSMP stamping application, recently Tier 1 extension application, also my UK work permit application and stamping copy. Including all the caseworker sheets.

There was an Reject application too which I did not new till now. I applied my HSMP thru an OISC agent, which got approved. Even the HSMP stamping I appplied thru the same agent; that idiot did not send the payment so they rejected by HSMP staming, and he sent second time and it got approved. He never told me these, which is clearly there in the SAR files.

Question??????????
But I did not get any details about the initial two work permits and entry clearance issued in India were present in it.

Any idea whether these are available or not? Do I need to specificaly ask in SAR for those? Pls advice.

jaas

Post by jaas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 pm

They generally add all the available information on you to SAR. May be HO doesn't have your old workpermit paper details and thats why not included. I heard somewhere on this forum HO keeps physical data for some time..Not sure about the how long they keep. I could be wrong

bani

Post by bani » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm

You should email the caseworker who handled your SAR. Could be just an oversight on their part. Write your SAR Ref. number in the subject line. Ask for the missing files.

firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Mine came in two sets - first set was like what you described (very interesting to get caseworker notes from my HSMP app) the second was a copy of my first landing card which I specifically asked for. When I emailed my caseworker because I wanted a record of my other UK entries/arrivals, he replied that they do not keep a record of the subsequent UK entries or landing cards.

It never hurts to ask.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 pm

thanks a lot mate.. i will do that imm.
worst case i will apply again SAR asking specifically the Work Permit details and their stamping.
bani wrote:You should email the caseworker who handled your SAR. Could be just an oversight on their part. Write your SAR Ref. number in the subject line. Ask for the missing files.

firstname.lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Mine came in two sets - first set was like what you described (very interesting to get caseworker notes from my HSMP app) the second was a copy of my first landing card which I specifically asked for. When I emailed my caseworker because I wanted a record of my other UK entries/arrivals, he replied that they do not keep a record of the subsequent UK entries or landing cards.

It never hurts to ask.