ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Visa national refused entry - visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blackflower
Newly Registered

Non-Visa national refused entry - visa?

Post by blackflower » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi

I travelled to the UK early last year and was refused entry. I now want to go again but didn't want to be refused again so I applied for a visit visa in my own country in march.

Now the application is taking ages and ages and i had booked tckets for mid April.

Do you think I am likely to be refused the visa? Should I just go to UK and risk it at the airport again without the visa application being decided?

Grateful for any help

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Just one question ...... where is your passport?
John

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm

How can you travel to UK without visa ? the check in staff at the departure airport won't even let you in - unless you have a chartered plane perhaps.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:51 pm

If they have your passport, you can't travel as you can't travel without a passport.
I tell it like it is.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:How can you travel to UK without visa ? the check in staff at the departure airport won't even let you in - unless you have a chartered plane perhaps.
'Perhaps' the hint is in OP's subject header? Non-visa national!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Rozen wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:How can you travel to UK without visa ? the check in staff at the departure airport won't even let you in - unless you have a chartered plane perhaps.
'Perhaps' the hint is in OP's subject header? Non-visa national!
oops missed that !! forgot reading carefully since I come to the forum rarely these days.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

blackflower
Newly Registered

Post by blackflower » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 pm

they have my passport so I'd have to get it back if I was to travel...

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 pm

blackflower wrote:they have my passport so I'd have to get it back if I was to travel...
So in other words, you would withdraw your visa application (which is already in process) and travel to UK with no visa and risk being refused entry again?
Why not just wait for you application to be decided, before you waste your time and money travelling to UK, where you may not be allowed in anyway?
Most non visa nationals stand a better chance (of entry), if they have been refused entry before, by applying for a visa pre travel!
Ofcourse, as a non visa national, you can probably argue your case at Port of Entry, but with one refusal already behind you, I wouldn't bank on it.
Surely, for a fee, you can change your ticket to a later date?
Good Luck. I think you're gonna need it!

blackflower
Newly Registered

Post by blackflower » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm just a little nervous that the time taken so far is way over the processing timeframe stated.

Perhaps I'll wait it out then.

Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm

blackflower wrote:I'm just a little nervous that the time taken so far is way over the processing timeframe stated.

Perhaps I'll wait it out then.

Thanks
Keep your chin up! It's probably taking a little longer than usual because they are scrutinizing it more than most, due to your previous entry refusal.
Besides, look on the bright side... For as long as it hasn't yet been decided, there is still hope! :)