ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4 filling in

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Daleg
Newly Registered

VAF4 filling in

Post by Daleg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi. New on this forum and just wanted some info.
Application for spouse visa has been sent but and accidently missed out the sponsors passport issue and expiry dates on the application form. And also what language would you like to speak if interviewed. Will this be a problem?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: VAF4 filling in

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Daleg wrote:Hi. New on this forum and just wanted some info.
Application for spouse visa has been sent but and accidently missed out the sponsors passport issue and expiry dates on the application form. And also what language would you like to speak if interviewed. Will this be a problem?
Send a letter detailing the bits u missed and should be ok. Otherwise they may return the app as invalid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Send a letter detailing the bits u missed and should be ok. Otherwise they may return the app as invalid.
I was told by someone that they would refer to the certified passport copy for the dates and that it should be no problem?
What are the chances this will be ok?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Daleg wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
I was told by someone that they would refer to the certified passport copy for the dates and that it should be no problem?
'Chances are' it might not! So better to send a letter to cover your back, rather than risk the application being invalidated. Choice is yours!

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Rozen wrote:
Daleg wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
'Chances are' it might not! So better to send a letter to cover your back, rather than risk the application being invalidated. Choice is yours!
The Immigration Advisor said that it would be a silly reason to refuse it if they have the information there in the form of certified passport to refer to. Also if they were to interview they would ask in advanced what language. He said it was also quite common that info is sometimes missed out on the application but if there is evidence there it is ok.

I am the Sponsor so could I send the letter or even fax it to them?
The Application was made 6 weeks ago in Jalandhar vfs and is sent to the High commission in New Delhi.

Does anyone have the fax number for High Commission in New Delhi?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 pm

The Immigration Advisor said that it would be a silly reason to refuse it if they have the information there in the form of certified passport to refer to. Also if they were to interview they would ask in advanced what language. He said it was also quite common that info is sometimes missed out on the application but if there is evidence there it is ok.
I wouldnt count on that.

Best follow Rozen and Wanderers advice

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:01 am

Could I as the Husband/Sponsor send this letter?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:16 pm

Daleg wrote:Could I as the Husband/Sponsor send this letter?
It is YOUR passport that you're talking about, isn't it? :roll: So ofcourse it's YOU that has to write the letter!

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Rozen wrote:
Daleg wrote:Could I as the Husband/Sponsor send this letter?
It is YOUR passport that you're talking about, isn't it? :roll: So ofcourse it's YOU that has to write the letter!
Yes it is my Passport. What about the 'What language would you like to speak at interview?'
Also when my wife handed in her application they asked her what language if interviewed she replied and they noted it down.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Daleg wrote: What about the 'What language would you like to speak at interview?'
Also when my wife handed in her application they asked her what language if interviewed she replied and they noted it down.
In that case, you have one of two choices. Write down the language she told them in your letter, or leave it out altogether and just confirm the passport details. Another choice you have, by the way, is don't write the letter at all!

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Just an update. My wife got her visa at the beginning of December. And is here now. Thanks to all for help and advice.

Romby
Newly Registered

Post by Romby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Daleg, did you submit any letter for corrections.
I missed to enter complete address of my office. [Sponsor's Work Address]
Please advise

Daleg
Newly Registered

Post by Daleg » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Romby, Sorry for the delay in my reply. No I didn't submit any letter correcting the missing information on the application form. Certified copy of my passport was there for them to refer to so decided not to send letter.
Where have you applied? Have you supplied a letter from your work that has address on it?

Romby
Newly Registered

Post by Romby » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Daleg, Thanks for your reply. I have provided proof of my employement. (Print of secured PDF provided by HR, it has our company's address at bottom)
Since I am working in client location, I thought of providing address. But missed to provide complete address.