ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How recent do naturalisation references have to be?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kotiara

How recent do naturalisation references have to be?

Post by Kotiara » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 pm

When is the earliest I can get references for naturalisation in the application form? If i get them 3 months before i apply, for example, would that be acceptable?

yarons

Re: How recent do naturalisation references have to be?

Post by yarons » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Kotiara wrote:When is the earliest I can get references for naturalisation in the application form? If i get them 3 months before i apply, for example, would that be acceptable?
Don't think there's a limit so long as it's within reason.
Mine was signed 2 months in advance and I had no issues. They didn't even call my referees as part of the checks.

3 months should be fine in my humble opinion.

lboro

Re: How recent do naturalisation references have to be?

Post by lboro » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Kotiara wrote:When is the earliest I can get references for naturalisation in the application form? If i get them 3 months before i apply, for example, would that be acceptable?
I don't think there is a limit, the main thing is that at the time the home office receive your application, the referees should be able to testify what they put in the form and are still supporting your application form and are happy to act as your referee