ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning Period Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magneta

Previous Earning Period Query

Post by magneta » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:55 am

Hi All

I am new here and I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Visa in Last week of April 2010. I have few queries regarding my previous earning period.

Am planning to show my previous earnings period from April 2009 to March 2010. All my payslips show my joining date which is 6th April 2009. should I mention the period as 1-04-2009 to 31-03-2009? or 06-04-2009 to 05-04-2009? In the second case , should i also show my earnings for the 5 days in April? Because I have payslips till march 2010. Please help me out here.

Thanks

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Previous Earning Period Query

Post by dima » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 am

magneta wrote:Hi All

I am new here and I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Visa in Last week of April 2010. I have few queries regarding my previous earning period.

Am planning to show my previous earnings period from April 2009 to March 2010. All my payslips show my joining date which is 6th April 2009. should I mention the period as 1-04-2009 to 31-03-2009? or 06-04-2009 to 05-04-2009? In the second case , should i also show my earnings for the 5 days in April? Because I have payslips till march 2010. Please help me out here.

Thanks
Welcome to ImmigrationBoards forum!! :)
IMO, its better to show from your date of joining the company(06-04-2009 to 05-04-2009)
If the pay out from April to march , makes you eligible in the earnings section, you are good to go.!!
Good Luck!!
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

magneta

Post by magneta » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Dima

Thanks a lot for the response. Yes I am eligible based on the earnings from april 2009 to march 2010. so should i be calculating my previous earning points based on the currency conversion rate at OANDA website on 5th april 2010 or march 31st?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am

magneta wrote:Hi Dima

Thanks a lot for the response. Yes I am eligible based on the earnings from april 2009 to march 2010. so should i be calculating my previous earning points based on the currency conversion rate at OANDA website on 5th april 2010 or march 31st?
Currency conversion rate is considered as per the date of application made.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 am

Currency conversion for previous earnings is that on the last date of your earnings which is 31st March in your case and conversion for maintenance fund is that on the date of application.

133. If, during the period for which we are considering the applicant’s previous earnings, he/she has earned money from outside the United Kingdom, he/she can include these in the calculation to score points for earnings. The applicant should provide details of the overseas earnings, in the original currency in which they were paid. The applicant should convert these earnings into pounds sterling by using the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website for the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency.

195. In order to qualify for entry clearance,or leave to remain under Tier 1 an applicant must show that he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. The maintenance requirements are detailed below:
Applicants outside the United Kingdom
• seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application.
Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking
• further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application
The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the OANDA rate conversion on the date of application. www.oanda.com

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:10 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
133. If, during the period for which we are considering the applicant’s previous earnings, he/she has earned money from outside the United Kingdom, he/she can include these in the calculation to score points for earnings. The applicant should provide details of the overseas earnings, in the original currency in which they were paid. The applicant should convert these earnings into pounds sterling by using the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website for the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency.
Help me apprehend this:

I am submitting Indian Salary Slips for each month for last 12 Months. Does the conversion rate have to be as that on 31st March,2010 for entire earnings
OR
It has to be exchange rate on the last date of each month for which salary is earned? (Example I got 50K INR on 30th June, 2009 and hence I have to use exchange rate which was there on 30th June, 2009 for salary conversion for that month of June?

magneta

Post by magneta » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

Currency conversion for previous earnings is that on the last date of your earnings which is 31st March in your case and conversion for maintenance fund is that on the date of application.

195. In order to qualify for entry clearance,or leave to remain under Tier 1 an applicant must show that he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. The maintenance requirements are detailed below:
Applicants outside the United Kingdom
• seeking entry clearance must have at least £2,800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application.
Applicants in the United Kingdom seeking
• further leave to remain must have at least £800 of personal savings which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application
The exchange rate of overseas currency will be made using the OANDA rate conversion on the date of application. www.oanda.com

Hi Aruni

Thanks a lot for the info.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

The conversion rate on the last day of the entire earnings period NOT for each month.