ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice regarding evidence for Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BeccaC
Newly Registered

advice regarding evidence for Fiance Visa

Post by BeccaC » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am

Hello everyone!

I have been in the process of getting documents ready for a Fiance Visa for my fiance for the last few months. He is a US citizen who was previously here on a student visa, and I am a UK citizen.

I sent all my documents over to him in the states for him to send with his application with Royal Mail (stupid idea! will never do it again). Unfortunately they never arrived!

Now, I can replace most of the documents (bank statements, notarized copies of passports, letters of support from employers & MPs etc)

however, I can now only provide copies of photographs of us together, my wage slips (but I can provide my original p60 since I have just been given a new one). I can also no longer provide the original surveys done on the home to prove there is sufficient space for us to live. I do have scanned copies of these though.

Does anybody know how important these documents are, particularly the information regarding accomodation? Will they accept scanned copies of these along with a signed letter from the home owner?

I am running out of time before our planned wedding date and I don't want to pay to have another survey done on the house.

Any advice would be amazing! thanks very much

Rebecca

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the visa type is a fiance visa (as in settlement) not the marriage visa.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:44 am

Will they accept scanned copies of these along with a signed letter from the home owner?
Yes they will be accepted as long as you explain reasons for sending copies. This docs is not the most important, things like bank statements, employers letter,wage slips P60's and photographs of both of you being together are the ones that they are mainly interested in.

BeccaC
Newly Registered

Post by BeccaC » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:32 am

batleykhan wrote:
things like bank statements, employers letter,wage slips P60's and photographs of both of you being together are the ones that they are mainly interested in.
thanks for the fast reply! Will copies of my wage slips be accepted if I ask my employer to put his signature on them? They don't look very official since we are a very small company so they aren't on headed notepaper or anything.

Also, whilst I've got you. Since I only graduated from university in the last 8 months, I'm currently only on a yearly salary of £14.5k but have savings of £5000 and have never claimed benefits. Do you think this will be a sufficient amount of financial security for them to accept our application?
Bear in mind we will be living with my parents until my salary increases so our living costs are very low.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 am

BeccaC wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
things like bank statements, employers letter,wage slips P60's and photographs of both of you being together are the ones that they are mainly interested in.
thanks for the fast reply! Will copies of my wage slips be accepted if I ask my employer to put his signature on them? They don't look very official since we are a very small company so they aren't on headed notepaper or anything.

Surely your empoyer can print some more off for you if you ask them.

Also, whilst I've got you. Since I only graduated from university in the last 8 months, I'm currently only on a yearly salary of £14.5k but have savings of £5000 and have never claimed benefits. Do you think this will be a sufficient amount of financial security for them to accept our application?
Bear in mind we will be living with my parents until my salary increases so our living costs are very low.

In my opinion you will just about get away with it. However I would give a detailed breakdown of your incoming and outgoing expenses,so the ECO can see how you intend to manage