ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my Wife?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tina2001
Newly Registered

Visa for my Wife?

Post by tina2001 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Dear all,

I was British National citizen. Previouly i was in student visa. And now I am registered in British Citizenship and got the Brtish Passport. My wife is on my student dependent visa. Her visa run out on end of June. I am very confused which visa catagories she should apply for my dependant. Does she get Indifinate Leave to Remain (ILR) directly or other dependant visa? Can anyone plz suggest me which form should she have to use to apply for visa in my dependant? And what are the financial requirement to apply her visa? And can i apply her visa process now instead of Jun? Her student dependant visa run out on end of June, do i have to wait until Jun or can i apply now? Can any one plz give me a suggestions. Thank you.

troubled

Post by troubled » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Are you a British? From the first line you said " I was British" which confuses me.If you are British and your wife has student visa, then she has to change to spouse visa to draw the benefits from you.After two years if the law still remains the same ,then your wife can apply for ILR etc.