ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing to HSMV Visa in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nick&Gowan
Newly Registered

Changing to HSMV Visa in UK

Post by Nick&Gowan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Hi All
My gf and I are both on working holiday maker visas and intend to stay longer than the two year limit.
She has applied for a HSMV and I was going to become her dependent when she applies for LTR in order to avoid paying the application fee twice!!
We have had some contrasting info about wheather this is possible or if I would need to leave the country and apply for dependency from home.
Has anyone got any idea if this can be done??
Thanks

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:35 pm

Hey dude,

I'm having the same trouble.. I've just received my HSMV approval and am about to fill in the FLR form, however, not sure whether my partner should be included as a dependent. Again, i've had different advices from the HO as i've called up and asked several time. Yep, the conflicting responses are 1) Your partner will have to apply from their home country and 2) He/she can be included as a dependent when applying for LTR.

Anyone??? thanks!

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:39 pm

Getting a dependent as partner might be a little tricky either by FLR or EC. Which ever way you decide you go help yourself by submitting documents that show you have been living together like joint bills, bank statements and council tax etc.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:24 am

My interpretation of the rules on switching are that if:

Person A is on visa x and their dependent B has a dependent visa of the same category x e.g WP visa and WP dependent visa then if A applies for HSMP and it is approved their dependent B can be included in A's FLR IED application.

If these conditions are not met e.g. A is on a WP visa and B is on a student visa but the two people deem B dependent on A by virute of their relationship e.g. long term unmarried partners or even spouses then if A obtains HSMP, B may not be added as a dependent on A's FLR IED.

Of course A can ask for B's inclusion in the latter scenario to be considered outside the rules. However Home Office policy is such that concessions can only be on demonstrable compelling grounds - that an M hr flight to country N for B to apply for a dependent of A visa is too much of a hastle I'm afraid is not compelling unless B is on dialysis, is pregnant etc. and may thus not fly.