ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success for ILR (SET-O) at PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fredo
Newly Registered

Success for ILR (SET-O) at PEO Croydon

Post by fredo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Yesterday I was granted ILR SET(O) at PEO Crodyon.

I applied from a Tier-1 (General), and in the 5 years I was previously on a WP --> HSMP.
I have stayed with the same employer for the past 5 years (don't ask).

I had a straightforward app, but had TONS of absences from the UK - 329 days in total (178 were personal and the rest were business). Not all stamps were in my passport, since I use the Iris (2 of them from the nordics had the wrong year!!) The other complication was that I lost my original P60 from tax year 2006, so i provided a certified copy from my employer's mgmt company along with the last pay stub from that year.

My documentation was:
3 payslips, 3 bank statements, single letter from employer confirming my employment and each of my absences (dates + countries, which matched the spreadsheet i provided in the application), life in the uk pass, 4 P60s (1 certified copy included), letter from me explaining lost P60, payslip from final quarter where P60 was lost, 2 passports.

Took caseworker @45 minutes to process. She said my absences were okay because I had the letter to support the business absences and that she therefore only had to count up my personal absences (though didn't say what number).

Thanks to this forum for useful guidance and good luck to everyone!

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:12 pm

congratulations!!!

shs213

Re: Success for ILR (SET-O) at PEO Croydon

Post by shs213 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

fredo wrote:
I lost my original P60 from tax year 2006, so i provided a certified copy from my employer's mgmt company along with the last pay stub from that year.
can you elaborate a bit more on this? I too have a missing P60 - so any tips would go a long way.....

Congrats on ILR....

thanks...

fredo
Newly Registered

Post by fredo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:29 pm

I basically called the management company that handles our pay roll and provides P60s and asked them to send a certified copy and a cover letter (they could have re-printed an original for me if I had called sooner, the P60 stationary changed this year and they didn't have any older stationary, left). Also, the final original payslip from that year would have the same total gross / net / tax for the entire year (at least mine did), so I included that, as well. Hope that helps.

linux2010
Newly Registered

Appointment using online system for ILR

Post by linux2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi
I have completed 5Yrs on 24th April 2010 (starting with WP in April 2005 and then moving onto HSMP since Nov 2006). However, my wife and son joined me on 4th July 2005. So I am looking at 4th July 2010 as a qualifying period to apply for ILR (with family).

1. Can I use the online booking systems now for the appointment in the 1st or 2nd week of June.
I can see week 7th June on the system but unable to get any slot there during that week. Croydon is preferable but i have tried other locations too.

2. I have to use form SET(O) and the option "SET(O) excluding long residency" as application type when using online booking systems, Correct?

Please advise

Many Thanks

Member of Standing

Re: Appointment using online system for ILR

Post by 1664 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

That's right SET(O) without Long term.
You've got to keep looking for appointments,it may not be as easy as you think.

I had to hunt day in and day out for an on-line slot. I'd suggest you call them on 0870 606 7766 and book it over the phone.

linux2010
Newly Registered

Re: Appointment using online system for ILR

Post by linux2010 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:37 pm

1664 wrote:That's right SET(O) without Long term.
You've got to keep looking for appointments,it may not be as easy as you think.

I had to hunt day in and day out for an on-line slot. I'd suggest you call them on 0870 606 7766 and book it over the phone.
Many Thanks for the prompt reply

Kind Regards