ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent daughter over 18? Which category?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gidoc

ILR for dependent daughter over 18? Which category?

Post by gidoc » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi all,
I need urgent advise on this, many thanks

1. I had applied and was granted ILR 3 days ago, my category under HSMP JR(5yr rule), ILR was given for myself, my son over 18 and my wife. My daughter over 18 cound not attend on the day.
2. I asked the case worker about her who said she can apply by post and I can send a legally certified copy of my ILR stamp.
UKBA phone advise
I called UKBA today and they said the following:
1. My daughter over 18 , now needs to apply on SET(F) form as I have ILR and pay £1950.
2.I will need to send my passport.

This has come as a surprise to me and something I had not anticipated or I would have delayed my own appointment for ILR to get her along.

Experts, please advise if this is correct and the only way forwards.
SET F from appears to be for relatives outside UK. my daughter will now be in UK for 5 yrs and has been my dependent on Tier 1 visa, its just that now my visa is of settled status, as she coudnt apply along with me.

Best Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards