ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 G Dependent Visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_apr2010

Tier 1 G Dependent Visa Query

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:20 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for TIER 1 G in next few weeks. I am a outside country applicant and would apply from India.
I would apply for my wife's dependent visa at some stage.
I have query regarding Tier 1 G dependent visa.

I wanted to know which one of the following options listed below is least painful (Straight forward) in terms of documents to be provided and most economical in terms of visa fees: -

1. Applying for dependent visa along with mine OR
2. Apply for her dependent visa after mine gets stamped and before I leave for the UK OR
3. Apply for her dependent visa after I reach UK. Would I need to take a job in the UK before I can apply for her visa if I take this option

If I choose option 1 I believe I need to pay a fees of 51750*2. If for any reason my visa gets rejected will I get refund for my dependent's visa fees i.e. 51750?

Thanks,
R

npanglia

Re: Tier 1 G Dependent Visa Query

Post by npanglia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:41 am

I am in the same situation,
Request a suggestion from Seniors!

skomati

Post by skomati » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:47 am

i would
take option 3

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:05 am

skomati wrote:i would
take option 3
Whats the rational behind that?

Markie

Re: Tier 1 G Dependent Visa Query

Post by Markie » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:59 am

no refunds unfortunately
hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for TIER 1 G in next few weeks. I am a outside country applicant and would apply from India.
I would apply for my wife's dependent visa at some stage.
I have query regarding Tier 1 G dependent visa.

I wanted to know which one of the following options listed below is least painful (Straight forward) in terms of documents to be provided and most economical in terms of visa fees: -

1. Applying for dependent visa along with mine OR
2. Apply for her dependent visa after mine gets stamped and before I leave for the UK OR
3. Apply for her dependent visa after I reach UK. Would I need to take a job in the UK before I can apply for her visa if I take this option

If I choose option 1 I believe I need to pay a fees of 51750*2. If for any reason my visa gets rejected will I get refund for my dependent's visa fees i.e. 51750?

Thanks,
R