ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No appointments available at Croydon's branch

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mike100
Newly Registered

No appointments available at Croydon's branch

Post by Mike100 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:10 am

Hello everyone,
Thanks again for all of your help and support!
I have some questions regarding applying for the ILR in person.
My wife, who is a British citizen, is planning to be abroad for a couple of months.
Unfortunately, I have only recently realised, that I can apply for my ILR only between the 22nd of May till the 29th.
As you know, I need to send my wife's passport with my ILR application, therefore, I think the best thing to do for me is to apply in person before she departs.
I have tried to book myself an appointment in Croydon, but surprisingly there were no appointments available at all during those dates.
So my questions are:

1. Are there going to be any more appointments available during those dates?

2. Is there another way to apply in person?

3. Supposing I would not get the opportunity to apply in person; Would it be legitimate to apply by post with my wife's passport while she's abroad?

By the way, she could travel and move freely during that time, as she's holding another non-EU passport.

Kind regards,

Mike

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 am

You will be able to get online appointments quite easily, your appointments will only start appearing online 6 wks in advance.
If you look between 4-6 pm from Monday 12/04 onwards you will find them.
Best of luck.
Best regards

Soulie
Newly Registered

Post by Soulie » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Hi,

I am having a similar issue to Mike100.

I would like to book an appointment on the week of 17/06/2010. I checked the UKBA website every day for the past 2 weeks and today for the first time I saw an entry to select the week of 17/06/2010 (my preferred date) however, the 'no appointments available' message is being displayed no matter which branch or day combination I use.

Do I have to wait until the 06/05/2010 before the time slots become available or is there another method to ensure I get a booking? I'm very nervous about missing this opportunity please advise.

Thanks.

rajesh1319

appoitment at croydon !

Post by rajesh1319 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 am

I would like to take an appointment for 15-05-2010, I have checked on early Monday morning but still no appointment message is displayed.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 am

Please look at my post above, thats the only way to get online appts, or else you need to call on phone at about 9 am.
Best wishes

Soulie
Newly Registered

Post by Soulie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 am

I just got in touch via telephone and currently ukba are booking up to May 31st. I will need to wait a couple weeks until my date range becomes available.

I guess I was a bit too eager.