ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success for ILR (SET-O) at PEO Cardiff - WP + HSMP + Tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Success for ILR (SET-O) at PEO Cardiff - WP + HSMP + Tier1

Post by ilr_10 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Our appointment was at 8:30 morning, me + 2 dependants

Recd loads of texts msgs as a reminder day before y'day

got a call y'day asking whether I am attending today or not and adviced me that it is okay even if I come later that 8 as doors open only at 8:15...also asked about new fee..and she confirmed that it has gone up by £200 just for missing it by couple of days (from 6th April)

Stayed at Mercure Lodge away from PEO office with 1 yr old kid, very good hotel to stay for 1 night...cheapest among all the available ones and it is par with all the other ones after staying I think.

arrived at PEO office 8:15 just when they opened doors, first to get in...called in at 1/2 later or so to take documents and payment...they metnioned that passport have to be sent to Sheffield office as they dont stamp here(was not happy after reading this on paper to sign, but had no choice, not sure whether this is 1 off thing), but decision will be told, also fee is taken before decision taken...

I have provided following documents

1. passports
2. Life in UK pass certificate
3. P60s (4 for year 2005/06/07/08)
4. P45 (Dec 2009)
5. Dividend vouchers and accountant letter and financial statement (Jan to Mar 2010)
6. Business account/savings account/current account statements
7. Birth certifcate for my son
8. Council bill latest
9. Workpermit + HSMP + Tier-1 approval letters.

The only complication because of which I had to wait for 1 hour or so more was that entry to this country was not stamped as I entered from domestic entry from Ireland...so caseworker thought my entry was 2006 as per stamps in passport...I had to explain him that I paid tax and everything and also mentioned same date in all my previous applications..he asked me proof of it...I said I have provided P60 but that does not show entry date..also I gave copy e-ticeket booking which took since I know of this complication...in the end he called my previous employer and asked them when I started working with them in UK..they gave the right answer and he said ILR is approved...also another complication was my son's photographs were almost 11 months old same as when I applied for his tier-1 last time, so he took photogrphs with camera and also gave extra ones when we are coming out. and I should be receiving passports by next friday by recorded delivery.

I dont know about other PEO offices, but staff are friendly and nice place cardiff PEO office...and I recommend anyone to go there if you can go there..

happy to answer any other questions you might have.

VT

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

hi congratulations on getting your ILR.

Re sending of PPs to sheffield, it's true that cardiff PEO doesn't have the facility of stamping, they only casework the applications and make decisions, the PPs are then sent off to Sheffield office for stamping. So, rest assured that it's not a one off thing, you should receive your pps in 3-4 working days.

congratulations once again, enjoy!

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_10 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks vinseh for confirming that.
vinseh wrote:hi congratulations on getting your ILR.

Re sending of PPs to sheffield, it's true that cardiff PEO doesn't have the facility of stamping, they only casework the applications and make decisions, the PPs are then sent off to Sheffield office for stamping. So, rest assured that it's not a one off thing, you should receive your pps in 3-4 working days.

ilr_10
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_10 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 pm

got passports today with ILR stamped in my shiny new passport...so 3rd day we received passports after appearing for PEO appointment on friday. Thanks to the forum/members for all the information and advice..it helped a lot to preapre for ILR.

VT

ilr_10 wrote:Thanks vinseh for confirming that.
vinseh wrote:hi congratulations on getting your ILR.