ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Uk - What next ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mno2uk

In Uk - What next ?

Post by mno2uk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:58 pm

hello guys,

All thanks to this forum . I am in UK now and would like your help on what to do next ?

Do i need to register with some local office or something.. general practitioner etc.. police station ..

What else is required ? Please do let me know the mandatory things that are required..i am currently looking for a job offer...which is still difficult to get my hands on .. will keep trying..

thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01 pm

mno2uk, what is your nationality? Have you been told that you need to register with the Police? That is depend upon your nationality. Some are ... some are not.

Is this your first time, at least with working ability, in the UK? You do not yet have a NI number? If not, contact your nearest Job Centre+ office.

And GP? Yes do register with an NHS GP.
John

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:22 am

I am from india, and i think i read it on a post here only ..that one needs to..

So how do i find the nearrest job centre ..are these govt. governed offices so i can get an National insurance no.

Register with a GP.. can this be any one which is closeby.. do they charge for it?

Please let me know i need to get those two done i guess at the earliest

Thanks John ..Bless you..
John wrote:mno2uk, what is your nationality? Have you been told that you need to register with the Police? That is depend upon your nationality. Some are ... some are not.

Is this your first time, at least with working ability, in the UK? You do not yet have a NI number? If not, contact your nearest Job Centre+ office.

vks

Post by vks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am

mno2uk wrote:I am from india, and i think i read it on a post here only ..that one needs to..

So how do i find the nearrest job centre ..are these govt. governed offices so i can get an National insurance no.

Register with a GP.. can this be any one which is closeby.. do they charge for it?

Please let me know i need to get those two done i guess at the earliest

Thanks John ..Bless you..
John wrote:mno2uk, what is your nationality? Have you been told that you need to register with the Police? That is depend upon your nationality. Some are ... some are not.

You would get a lot of information in the following website:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm

tax related information @
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/index.htm
Regards,
vks